• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just started this journey in Sunderland

Westy31

So my GP referred me a few weeks ago and I now have my seminar date for Sept 2nd. I think from others I attend the seminar and then wait for a dietician appt (usually 8wks) and have to do a 3 month course with her?? Then what??

hello and warm welcome Westy31
your on the right tracks but each PCT operates differently so cant offer any more insight for you
im sure someone from your part of the world will swing by and be more helpful

Hi I'm just a tiny bit further down the road at SRH I went to seminar in May and I'm off to see dietician next week (Thursday morning) so I can let you know how I get on, timescales what the crack is etc etc if you want X

HI I had my op at SRH but thatw as almost 4 yrs ago and things have changed a great deal since then.I cannot help you at all. I had a gastric bypass and have not regretted it. I have had some regain but cannot shift it but have managed to keep off 7 stone which is great. xx

So my GP referred me a few weeks ago and I now have my seminar date for Sept 2nd. I think from others I attend the seminar and then wait for a dietician appt (usually 8wks) and have to do a 3 month course with her?? Then what??

Hi my seminar was last September I saw the dietitian 6wks later then had 3 months to lose the weight they asked me. Had a endoscopy in april. Then I had my bypass on the 21 may at Sunderland I was told at the seminar it would take a year but it took 8 months I guess this was because I lost weight at every appointment as they told me if I put weight on this would delay my op and also could be cancelled too, hope this helped :)

Quick update for you I had my one to one appointment today at SRH with bariatric nurse and then dietician, I've been given my weight loss target today and don't need to be referred onto psychology or sleep study (phew) also had bloods taken, was told they will discuss my case in mdt meeting within the next two/three weeks where they will decide if I qualify for funding so gotta wait for letter arriving, if yes I stay in system and work towards losing weight with extra tier 3 support from dieticians to reach target within 12 weeks from today if I reach target set will be added onto operation waiting list don't want to think about what happens if funding is refused :(

Hi Westy31, I am just ahead off you. I have my first seminar in three weeks time and feeling quite nervous about it.

Quick update for you I had my one to one appointment today at SRH with bariatric nurse and then dietician, I've been given my weight loss target today and don't need to be referred onto psychology or sleep study (phew) also had bloods taken, was told they will discuss my case in mdt meeting within the next two/three weeks where they will decide if I qualify for funding so gotta wait for letter arriving, if yes I stay in system and work towards losing weight with extra tier 3 support from dieticians to reach target within 12 weeks from today if I reach target set will be added onto operation waiting list don't want to think about what happens if funding is refused :(
Hi lollyowen I'm just ahead of you and it seems they are doing things a little different with me I wonder why that is xx

Found this on utube from County Durham and Darlington trust. It might answer a lot of your questions as it is pretty close to the process I went through at Sunderland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7h0i4sqwiQ

Wow what a brilliant video thank you for sharing that

Kirsty xx

Back