• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and nervous

Ah thats great to hear butterfly lady, certainly makes me feel better! Any advice you can offer post op?

Follow your providers rules to the letter and give yourself time to heal, don@t rush things :)

joanne7271 - tell me everything lol. OK, one question at a time, what happens at the seminar and whats the next step after that?

the seminar is just to tell you all the options about the various surgeries diet etc

Thanks Princess, did you have two appointments, one for the seminar starting and one for after?

yes i had seminar and saw consultant i was lucky and got both the same day due to travelling distance and only had pre op since then so 3 appointments and im bypassing this week

Wow thats quite efficient! How long has the whole process taken for you? Good luck for your surgery hun, let us know how you are getting on :)

i was referred by gp in august got a call september to say had funding then seminar and surgeon in october then slight delay due to some blood issues went back on waiting list 27th jan had pre op 31st march

That's really quick! I hope all goes really well for you :)

Hi Sunshine, At the seminar you will hear about the different surgeries and you will be weighed. This will be logged as the start of your journey. If you manage to lose more until the dietician/cons apt they may set you a goal to maintain rather than lose. Or give u a smaller loss target.

You will get a leaflet with the numbers on to call the next day of you want to go ahead............ then once you have 'opted in' they will make the next apt for you. xx

Hi Joanne, thanks for explaining. I think I am over thinking things because I don't want anything to go wrong!

Can anyone tell me how funding works at Sunderland? I have read a few different things, some saying if you are invited to seminar then you have funding others saying they have been refused at a later stage. How did it work for you?

Back