• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and nervous

Sunshine100

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and just beginning my journey.
My GP made a referral to Sunderland Royal for me today and I was given a date to attend for a seminar. I was not expecting it to be this quick!
Is there anyone else attending or previously attended Sunderland? I'm looking for advice about what to expect really, from the seminar and what happens after, I know from reading through past posts that it is different at each hospital.
Anyway, nice to meet you all :)

Hi ...

Just wanted to say hello and welcome. Your in the best place. Amazing support here and good luck with your journey

Hun xx

Thank you for making me feel welcome :)

Hi and welcome, im new too. Im having a bypass on 21.05.14 at solihull spire parkway so im on here gathering advice too. Good luck with your journey.

Welcome to you both, you'll find this site invaluable xx

Good luck with your bypass Trish 418… not long to wait now!

Thanks Mrs Duck (great name bye the way :) )

Hi and welcome, im new too. Im having a bypass on 21.05.14 at solihull spire parkway so im on here gathering advice too. Good luck with your journey.

Hi Trish I had my bypass at Solihull Parkway in November last year :)

Hi Sunshine - Welcome - you will find loads of great information and advice here. There are a couple of ex-Sunderland people on, I'm sure they will be along shortly.

hi welcome and good luck

Thank you :)

Good luck Sunshine xx

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and just beginning my journey. My GP made a referral to Sunderland Royal for me today and I was given a date to attend for a seminar. I was not expecting it to be this quick! Is there anyone else attending or previously attended Sunderland? I'm looking for advice about what to expect really, from the seminar and what happens after, I know from reading through past posts that it is different at each hospital. Anyway, nice to meet you all :)
Hi sunshine I had my seminar in September 2012 and had my bypass in Sunderland jan this year, it feels like your life is on hold once you've made the decision and the wait for the appointments seems endless, use the time to gather as much info as possible, any questions just ask :)

Hi butterfly lady, my stomach did a flip when you said you had had your surgery at Solihull spire too, seems surreal to be looking at somebodys profile who has had the same surgery and at the same place as I will be having min (not sure if that makes an ounce of sense!!). How are you finding things post op? any regrets?

Hi n Welcome Sunshine, I was bypassed in Sunderland two weeks ago (time has flown since then) If yu want to know about my experience, just holler xx

Hi butterfly lady, my stomach did a flip when you said you had had your surgery at Solihull spire too, seems surreal to be looking at somebodys profile who has had the same surgery and at the same place as I will be having min (not sure if that makes an ounce of sense!!). How are you finding things post op? any regrets?

6st down (in less than 5 months) gone from a size 24/26 to a size 18, regrets only 1, I wish I'd done it years ago :)

Thanks Butterfly_Lady :)

Thanks Tracey- I have already asked you many questions on the Sunderland thread I discovered :)

Back