• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just starting

squirl

Hi Jen, it's nice to know I'm not the only one here with no patience ;)

I checked my blood sugar and it's fine, no idea why I'm feeling so rough again today :( might have to go to the GP if it doesn't get any better

squirl

Had another good day apart from spending 3 hours on a station waiting for my mum to arrive...... I still only had a very healthy lunch :)

Hubby tried to undermine me again, I felt bad for a couple of seconds and then got over it - I'm getting good at this :D

Managed to walk 13500 steps today, dead chuffed, and I haven't felt wobbly all day. Perhaps I'm on the mend from whatever was bugging me for the last few weeks. No idea how I'm going to fit that kind of walking in when I go back to work though....

Enough rambling from me, still feeling impatient but handling it better now

sundown

Welcome Squirl and well done on the start of your journey.

Do you know why your hubby is being critical? Does he support your weight loss or does he prefer you at the size you are?

I think that announcing this decision can bring out some odd reactions from people at times.

squirl

Hi Sundown, I've no idea what his problem is. In recent years he's been the sort of bloke who'll find something to moan about if he can, does my head in sometimes. I'm sure you know the type - his way or the wrong way! I think he might be of the opinion that I'm taking the easy way out, he has no idea......

I have wondered if he prefers me the way I am as I have little confidence (last time I lost a lot of weight he seemed to struggle with my improved confidence.

Trying to be more positive, he has at least applied for a passport so he can come with me rather than me taking a friend.

squirl

Rambling again, I love it when mum's here :D we have such a giggle. Felt like eating something a little while ago and decided to have a carrot! That wouldn't have happened a month ago but I really enjoyed it. Things are looking up... and only 12 sleeps until my appointment with Bart in London

sundown

I have wondered if he prefers me the way I am as I have little confidence (last time I lost a lot of weight he seemed to struggle with my improved confidence.

I suspect that insecurity is an issue that raises its head in a lot of these situations. As obese people, we tend to assume that it's only us with the insecurities, but it's not true. For an insecure man, having an obese wife can be comforting - they'll believe that it's more likely they'll keep hold of them. Lose the weight and have your attractiveness levels rise in the eyes of society at large and that can be unsettling...suddenly they're worrying that you'll have lots of other options and they can't keep you.

squirl

You're very wise Sundown, I think you might have hit the nail on the head.

Only 10 more sleeps until my first appointment - I'm getting more impatient by the hour!

sundown

squirl

Well another day down, 9 more sleeps until Bart :)

Had a happy day today, mum's birthday, she was so pleased with her prezzie which made me feel good too.

Went out for 2 meals today so calorie count not good at all and going to a festival tomorrow until Saturday so food will be very hit and miss. Will have to be very very good once I get back.....

squirl

Oh, and nearly forgot, went to GP this afternoon and we agreed I can reduce my anti depressant and anti anxiety meds over the next month so with a bit of luck and a lot of positive thinking I can kick the anxiety meds into touch and get on the lowest dose of the anti depressant with a view to getting right off them by Christmas

sundown

It's all looking very positive for you Squirl! I wouldn't worry too much about your diet now; you'll get into the swing of things when you're given a pre-op diet. Personally I'd pay more mind now to portion sizes and chewing everything properly as those are 'skills' that will stand you in good stead if you have the bypass :)

squirl

It's all looking very positive for you Squirl! I wouldn't worry too much about your diet now; you'll get into the swing of things when you're given a pre-op diet. Personally I'd pay more mind now to portion sizes and chewing everything properly as those are 'skills' that will stand you in good stead if you have the bypass :)

I see Bart tomorrow and am now getting grief from my daughter! She seems to have found some horror stories about wls and is doing her best to put me off, not going to happen but will check it out anyway to hopefully put her mind at rest. Will be seeing her on Saturday......

Won't now see her on Saturday, she sent me a text saying that she couldn't support me as I didn't go along with what she thinks. I had a bit of a wobble but am now back on track and feeling positive for tomorrow and the future

Now sitting in London waiting to see Bart, got here far too early and got butterflies the size of dinner plates :-S

Last edited:

squirl

Good luck tomorrow Hun! In 24 hours we will both on the losers bench! Xxx

Thanks hun, and the same to you! New life starts today! :)