• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just wondering

deepblue

Been unable to contact my Bariatric team to ask but what should I be looking for in terms of Nutrtional values like how many calories should I be eating a day and fat content throughout they day

I don't think you should be thinking too much about calories at the moment, just concentrating on getting yourself following the eating plan and healing :)

I try to keep below 1400 calories per day, and nothing with fat content over 5g, but that's my choice, not on the advice of my team (I can't remember what they said), and I am 10 months post op.

Initially, I just stuck with a 'healthy' diet made up of fruit and veg mostly, with as much protein as I could manage and as little carbs as possible, and lots and lots of water! Certainly that's what I would suggest for the first few months, you will soon settle into what works for you.

Rx

I don't count calories but like Rose I stick to maximum 5% sat fat/sugar. I eat healthily and keep carbs to a minimum. Example daily menu:

Early morning: Actimel/Vitality yoghurt drink (with meds)
Breakfast: black coffee & slice toast (with scraping of low sugar marmalade)
Mid morning: milky coffee or protein shake
Lunch: mackerel & cheese on toast or pate/cottage cheese & melba toast
Afternoon: babybel & melon slice (or other piece fruit) or SF jelly
Dinner: fish or chicken, vegetables (no root veg) or salad
Evening: hot cocoa & 1 SF shortbread finger

Drinks throughout the day are Lucozade Sport or RL Ribena. Try to drink 2litres but it's not always easy :confused:

Thanks guys its just my Wife has been asking what she should be looking for when she is getting me anything

Back