• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kick me please - I'm getting disheartened!

I'm getting disheartened about not losing weight at the moment. I know, I know - stalls happen, but I'm trying so hard to do everything right! I'm getting the right amount of protein, more than enough water and keeping the carbs to a minimum. In total I never seem to go above 650 calories a day. I've also started doing more exercise (in the form of walking).

As of today, I am eight weeks out and I still have another four weeks before I can move on to proper solid foods (I was told to stay on soft foods up to twelve weeks). I have lost 45 pounds - which seems ok, but I reckon I am having more stall weeks than lose weeks. I will write down everything I eat today and post it on here tomorrow so you can see what you think.

:sigh:
Any advice? xx

As you say Amanda, stalls happen. It could be down to several reasons. I would have thought you should be having a few more calories, maybe 800ish. But give Jo @ CX an email if you need to. It could be that your body is just "catching up" and when that happens the lbs will start going again. Too early to panic, just try and stay focussed. xx

Thanks John. I think I will email Jo, just to check that I'm doing everything I should be xx

Hun have u lost the whole 45lbs in 8 weeks if so that fab thats 3.3 stone in 8 weeks. I am nearly 7 weeks and our of that i stalled for nearly 4 weeks but did shrink 2.5 sizes.
Def give ur team a call if ur worried but i would say stone in 8 weeks in fab :):)

Hi T&T... I think you've done amazing to lose as much as you have in 8 weeks especially as youre a little bit on the smaller side to start with... Saying that , i know how you feel, i'm the most impatient person i know and i weigh myself everyday ( sometimes twice but ssshhhh ) lol... It's really hard when you know you're doing everything right but the weight loss slows down... Keep on it though , it'll shift in the end and all the small amounts will add up to LOADS :D xx

P.S Look at your BMI , you're nearly in the merely "overweight" range :eek:

You do seem to be eating very little, and still on soft food seems a bit unrealistic. You have done so well already try not to stress, but I know what you mean I feel my weight loss is really sloooooooooow, but hey it's coming of and not on. Take Care.

Jeanx

You've lost the same amount as me and I'm 12 weeks out from surgery! I am eating more than 650 cals though, I was told I could eat soft solids from 4 weeks.
you're doing great!
hugs
Sandra x

Thanks guys. The support is really a great help. I've emailed Jo at Charing Cross, and hopefully she'll get back to me next week.

In the meantime, I'm just going to keep plugging at it and hope the weight start to come off xx

You've had a fab weight loss in such a short space of time. I agree with the others that you may benefit from increasing your cals if possible, i too was advised to aim for 800 a day.
Keep an eye on the stalls / poor weeks. I've found that mine seems a bit cyclical and has developed into a pattern of 1 week of bad weight loss, one of average then two of fab weight loss, so it evens itselfout over he month.
It will all come off in the end !!

You are doing brilliantly. Just remember that.

Just a thought do your stalls coincide with time of the month

If I think back that far I could put on for well over a week at that time

I would check on your intake too - and remember a sleevie doesn't have the maladsorption aspect of the other surgeries

Bre proud of what you have achieved - well done

ANGELA XX

Just a thought do your stalls coincide with time of the month

If I think back that far I could put on for well over a week at that time

I would check on your intake too - and remember a sleevie doesn't have the maladsorption aspect of the other surgeries

Bre proud of what you have achieved - well done

ANGELA XX
I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 31 - so no totm for me.

I weigh all my portions everytime - I'm not risking anything at present, so I know what my intake is.

I've sent an email to the dietitian at the hospital, so I'll see what they say about the calorie levels etc xx

Back