• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Knee pain

I've had knee pain since the age of 16, when i was a size 12, i get pain in bed as my tree trunk legs are so darn heavy when laying on my side. Dr says this will ease with weight loss but i'm not so sure :/ i hope the pain eases for you

Sleeping should definitely get better with weight loss. :)

Just a quick update, all booked in for October 5 for a hip replacement. It cannot come soon enough as the pain gets worse every day in both knee and hip. Not a great help in my honeymoon period of wls but nothing can be done. My only advice is if anyone had pain in their joints, go see someone about it asap. Hope you continue to improve Aud. hugx

That's not good about the pain, but pleased you have a date for your op. I would definitely get a stick in the meantime to help you, I know it certainly helped me with my mobility. Again be aware of posture if you can, as I definitely damaged my other knee from transferring all the weight to that one from my dodgy one , also I had hip pain as I wasn't walking correctly. I did find acupuncture helped with the pain though.

So where am I now - well it just continues to get better and better. I have not needed any pain killers since my op, I no longer need my stick, I actually like walking, love my swimming, occasionally go to the gym and look forward to days out now, I can wear my heels again - in fact physically life is good, so much better than I could have expected.

I know that not everyone will get the same results as I have from losing weight and it's not miraculously been cured, but boy it's a good 80% better if not more.
I do have a lot to be thankful for to my knee though, as when it was super painful that's when I went to the doctors and I remember saying to her that I know I need to lose weight and was there anything that could give me a kick start. Her reply was " had I ever considered WLS" - she referred me the very same day.

Even if you don't get the results I got in respect of pain relief ( even the professionals told me that it wouldn't be a quick fix ) hopefully you will be so much fitter to endure an operation, but do keep positives because sometimes things turn out so much better than expected. Xx

That's not good about the pain, but pleased you have a date for your op. I would definitely get a stick in the meantime to help you, I know it certainly helped me with my mobility. Again be aware of posture if you can, as I definitely damaged my other knee from transferring all the weight to that one from my dodgy one , also I had hip pain as I wasn't walking correctly. I did find acupuncture helped with the pain though. So where am I now - well it just continues to get better and better. I have not needed any pain killers since my op, I no longer need my stick, I actually like walking, love my swimming, occasionally go to the gym and look forward to days out now, I can wear my heels again - in fact physically life is good, so much better than I could have expected. I know that not everyone will get the same results as I have from losing weight and it's not miraculously been cured, but boy it's a good 80% better if not more. I do have a lot to be thankful for to my knee though, as when it was super painful that's when I went to the doctors and I remember saying to her that I know I need to lose weight and was there anything that could give me a kick start. Her reply was " had I ever considered WLS" - she referred me the very same day. Even if you don't get the results I got in respect of pain relief ( even the professionals told me that it wouldn't be a quick fix ) hopefully you will be so much fitter to endure an operation, but do keep positives because sometimes things turn out so much better than expected. Xx

Thank you Aud. I am so glad your knee pain has improved so much and that you manage all the things you loved previously. What a good NSV, better than a number on the scales.

Once I'm done, hopefully I can say the same. :). Yes, the reason for the stick is I found out by not using one I could actually develop a permanent limp or at best take longer to correct it. Just need to go out and find one this week. Really don't want go be stuck with this waddle :)

Hugx

Back