• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Know it's not really weight loss but...

staysee

..has anyone here had a breast reduction? I've just been to see my Dr this morning and I Have to loose weight before he'll submit my app to the PCT.

If it was on the NHS, how long did you wait? (I know it depends on the PCT your under) If you had it privately, how much did it cost? (If you dont mind me asking!)

(If this isnt allowed on this forum, please let me know and I'll delete!)

Hi hun, I had a breast reduction but it was about 9 yrs ago now. I had it exactly a year after my consultation with the surgeon and I had it done on the NHS. Def glad I had it done - I was alot thinner then so didn`t need to lose weight beforehand. Since then though I`ve put on shed loads of weight and had 2 pregnancies but I`ve been lucky and my boobs have stayed the size the surgeon made them. Sometimes u can gain weight on them after the op. Hope this helps. xxx

Thanks for your replies. I'm hoping I can shift enough weight within a couple of months and get myself onto the waiting list. I'd love it before holiday in October, but that's maybe wishful thinking! Haha! :)

Heya hun. I had a breast reduction when I was 17 (7 years ago now) and my family paid to have it done privately. We were living in Gibraltar at the time and I had the surgery done in Marbella in Spain and if I remember correctly it cost somewhere in the region of £3000.

Best thing I ever did.

My family really can't afford to pay for it though :( And I'm single mum so I can't afford it myself. Keep wishing on my lotto numbers coming up though! Haha! And told my Mum and Nana that if they win relaly big on the bingo, that's what I want lol

If all of my numbers come up I'll pay for you because I know how awful it can be to live with mammoth bazookas lol :) Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

i spoke to my gp about it and he said needed to lose weight and that was that, that was about 4 yrs ago and i neverlost teh weight but went back saw lady dr who put me on xenical and i am still on it (did have a baby inbetween though) i am now waiting for band and will see how big they are when I hopefully lose weight i might not need it done, but even when i have been thinner my boobs have always been HUGE
Good luck
xx

Mine were like that before I had it done, I lost weight everywhere else apart from there and they just looked twice as big - bloomin awful lol. Really feel for u hun cos I know what its like - hope u get it sorted soon xxx

Back