• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Labels driving me mad

I'm around 6 weeks post op bypass and on the mushy stage. Since starting this stage, I've become really obsessive over food labels and read every single thing I buy. I tend to stay away from anything with more than 200 calories per meal and get paranoid over the fat and sugar content.

I feel like I don't have much restriction at all and quite comfortably finish off a bowl of mash or something so that's making me even more conscious about how many calories, fat etc I'm consuming.

My dietitian is already talking about moving on to the normal food stage soon. I'd rather just go back on the liquid stage and stay there as I was comfortable and confident knowing I was consuming very little fat.

My question is... just how many grams of fat, sugar etc is considered TOO much for a single meal?

My main concern is that I may be doing something that will hamper my weight loss without knowing it. On my liquid diet, I couldn't go wrong and that's why I found it so comfortable.

All I had to worry about was 3 tins of Heinz soup at 90 calories per tin, 3 milkshakes and water. Got boring each day but at least I knew there was little fat etc.

You'll soon settle down to the new regime at each stage finding foods or recipies to do your self or adapt to suit you that you are comfortable with. It is a worry especially early on as you don't want to do anything to reduce the success of your hard won op. As you get further on you'll relax a bit more & know what you like & what's safe.

I am behind you but start purée on Friday. My plan is to just relax and enjoy. One way or another, as long as I don't eat rubbish, this weight will come off. Very liberating!!

Back