• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Omg i need putting down!!

Dizzy79

Not only did my tummy tuck get canceled and moved to June 17th because of a cold and bad chest,but for the past week I have what I can only describe is being absolutely starving hungry!!! It's constant,no matter what I eat I am never free from the awful pain of hunger,it's so bad it goes into my shoulder and keeps me awake at night,and because it feels like extreme hunger I am scoffing cereal in the early hours!!
I never feel hungry so for me this is a nightmare,especially as I always have to watch my food intake,and I have gained 5lb in a week!!! :,( so today feeling like an idiot I went to see my dr,who diagnosed a stomach ulcer!
I don't care what symptyms it causes but pray to god that this phantom hunger does one!!
I'm at an all time low and just don't want any of this right now. :(

Look on the bright side, honey :) stomach ulcers are easily treated & you should be fine in no time. The hunger could have been a symptom of a stretched pouch which would have been much worse ... hope you feel better soon & your op goes ahead on the 17th as planned :wave_cry: xxx

Really hope you feel back to yourself soon. This journey can be such a head trip at any point. (((hugs))) to you and good luck with ulcer, tummy tuck and all else xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Look on the bright side, honey :) stomach ulcers are easily treated & you should be fine in no time. The hunger could have been a symptom of a stretched pouch which would have been much worse ... hope you feel better soon & your op goes ahead on the 17th as planned :wave_cry: xxx

Thank you hunny,ps I don't have a pouch I didn't have WLS but if this hunger carries on it won't be a tuck I'll be getting it will be a gastric bypass,I have the appetite of a 100 large men! :,(

Thank you hunny,ps I don't have a pouch I didn't have WLS but if this hunger carries on it won't be a tuck I'll be getting it will be a gastric bypass,I have the appetite of a 100 large men! :,(

Ooops :eek: :eek: sorry ... just making assumptions, nawty me :p
Ulcers do make you hungry so think once that is under control, you will be OK ... good one even needing a tummy tuck without WLS :D Did you do it by diet alone :jelous: xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Ooops :eek: :eek: sorry ... just making assumptions, nawty me :p
Ulcers do make you hungry so think once that is under control, you will be OK ... good one even needing a tummy tuck without WLS :D Did you do it by diet alone :jelous: xxx

I assumed post op too as most people on here have had surgery. So guilty too lol

It's ok ladies :) yes I did have help at first with weight loss I took xenical I lost 16 stone,but you ladies who have WLS are amazing too it's all hard work,none of this weight loss is a walk in the park,I'll have a life long battle I know this,this is why I'm so upset with this feeling hungry :( xxx

Dizzy79 said:
It's ok ladies :) yes I did have help at first with weight loss I took xenical I lost 16 stone,but you ladies who have WLS are amazing too it's all hard work,none of this weight loss is a walk in the park,I'll have a life long battle I know this,this is why I'm so upset with this feeling hungry :( xxx

Well bloody done!!!! Xenical made the loo my closest friend! Lol

And thank you for your sweet words. I am major impressed with your weight loss.

Do you eat low carb? That can help curb hunger. And drinking more in this hot weather helps too xxx

Thank you hunny,no matter what I eat I'd never rid of the hunger,but on normal note,I don't eat a lot of carbs I find they slow me down and can make me gain weight,if I eat carbs it's only once or twice a week.

Lol yes xenical can make you love the loo :D

Fingers crossed its just a hunger phase then. Hungers not nice and I don't miss it one bit :)

Well done on all that weight loss and with Xenical, I tried it too I lost about a stone and had to come off it. Had terribke side effects. It was a nightmare for me never new when i wanted the loo or if it was just wind only knew once it happened which isnt good when working in a shop environment, I could constantly smell, that horrible distinct smell, its as if it was coming out of my pores it really got me down and stained my pants, hated it and it didnt like me either, but well done to you, you have done marvellous. xx Good luck with the ulcer and the tummy tuck. xx

Ever made the mistake of having cheese on xenical..... Gah x

I have gained 5lb in a week!!! :,( so today feeling like an idiot I went to see my dr,who diagnosed a stomach ulcer!

Has your doctor given you any meds to help soothe things until the stomach ulcer can be operated on?

Not surprised to hear that a stomach ulcer can feel like massive hunger .... because some of us who experience acid reflux post surgery can feel that the gnawing acid in the stomach feels very similar to gnawing hunger ..... but on the few times that has happened to me I have taken an extra Lansoprazole tablet, and it has quelled things and the hunger/munchies have abated as well.

Fizzpot said:
Ever made the mistake of having cheese on xenical..... Gah x

Made the mistake of eating some of the fat on some pork. Just didn't think.....bwoy!!!!! That taught me a lesson or two lol

Dizzy, well done on your weight loss, that's amazing!
Uuuuurghh I have scarily bad memories of Xenical, and constantly cleaning the greasy marks from the loo as I was so embarrassed :(

Evenstarr said:
Dizzy, well done on your weight loss, that's amazing!
Uuuuurghh I have scarily bad memories of Xenical, and constantly cleaning the greasy marks from the loo as I was so embarrassed :(

I hear ya! What an experience! Bluuuurgh!!! Xxx

Oh Xenical. I was on for a year when I was 18, it did help at the time but those side effects if you're not perfect 100% were a nightmare weren't they?

Well done Dizzy for sticking it out and reaching your goal. Sorry you are going through a tough time, hope they can fix your ulcer for you soon, take care x

Xenical - there is something I never want to take again. The horrid uncertainty of what was going on inside and never wanting to be too far from the loo!

Thank you ladies,yes lots of people don't like xenical,but you only get side effects ( pooping orange oil) when you eat food that's to high in fat,this is how xenical works,it teaches you your limits,it's not a quick fix you have to work really hard with it,and when you take note of the side effects and stop eating high fat,the side effects stop totally,and then you loose weight,I always thought of it as like a set of staberlizers,and when you get to know what's ok for you to eat,you find that the xenical serve no purpose,as they only work in the presence of fats.
I lost all 16 stone in 9 months,yes very quickly,however I did suffer for this as I ended up with gallstones and had my gallblader removed
After this I got pregnant with baby number 2 and gained 10 stone back,I lost this again with xenical in 11 months,then I got pregnant again straight away with baby number 3,and gained 10 stone back :/ I lost this in 10 months,and now it's 2 years since and I've maintained no problem,apart from this mini gain due to this ulcer.

You are very focused when you want to lose weight. It's amazing :) Well done :D

Back