• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ladies please help

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hi need some help since my op my bust has been so sore and tender all down the sides i have not had a period in 10 years so no it is not that and every think Else is fine. does anyone else have this ? is it part of the op or some think else .any help would be great thanks don't need some think else to worry about.:mad:

Sorry Carol, Ive not seen anyone else mention this before, and its not something Ive suffered with myself. I doubt its anything connected to your WLS, unless its just "shrinking pains" or because you are carrying yourself in a different way to be comfortable if you get what I mean.

It might be worth a chat with the GP if it doesnt settle within the next couple of days.

this is a update thanks SAM for your advice about sore bust now no what it is have just started my first period after 10 years. that is all i need.but but may be a good think maybe my body going back to normal.now not that i have ever been normal.lol thanks anyway

glad you at least have an explanation Carol x

Hi Carole-I haven't had a period for about a year and my GP said if I get any bleeding I should go and see her to be checked out

i found that since I started losing the weight after the bypass my periods became really different.

My surgeon said that when you lose a lot of weight the hormones that are trapped in the fat cells are released too so this might be the reason you've started again. Its also harder for bigger ladies to get pregnant so there seems to be a link with losing weight and hormonal changes. Glad you have an explanation now.

Only just read your original post and i did chuckle to myself thinking, i bet she's gonna have a period ! Same thing happened to me. I have PCOS and can go for 18 months without a period and it was like that since i started aged 11. I had one just after my op and have had one every month since !!
Scary thought is now i may actually be fertile, time to start being careful !
Glad it was something simple as i know how every ache and pain can become scary post op x x

Im 24 and when I had my op I hadnt had many periods throughout my life. I think it had been calculated that I had had 6 periods from being 12-23. Month one of my op I had a period and have been regular ever since.
Hope this helps chick x

Back