• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

**ladies** question about periods.....

Jenny196

Hi ladies,

I had my bypass just over 2 weeks ago and promptly got my period 2 days after surgery. I am now having another!! Period less than a week after the last one stopped. I have the contraceptive implant, which normally regulates my periods pretty weel.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Thanks, Jenny xx

Not personally but have heard from lots of people saying they have had the same as you. Big changes for our bodies x

Had my last one on day of surgery (nice bonus:cry:)

Nothing since, body has taken a battering though :cry:

Both my daughters periods went a little haywire for a while after surgery too :)

I've been on my period now since July! I too have a contraceptive implant, which sent things haywire for a little while. I spoke to a doctor about my longest period ever and was told it was nothing to worry about, that my hormones would play up for a good while. Roll on menopause!

Oh Sarah!! That sounds awful, I hope mine settles down long before then. Hope it sorts itself out soon, for both of us! X

On a more positive note... I can be damn sure I'm not pregnant lol!:D

Fingers crossed things settle down soon...

I am worried as I had my surgery 5 weeks ago and my last period 2 weeks before that. I have not had a period since, I have a coil fitted and know I am not pregnant, please don't tell me this is the start of the change for me as well as everything else. I am 47 and just had band removal and bypass and gallbladder out, bit battered and bruised but 5 stone lighter already!!!

I think you'll find it takes your body a while to process all the changes. I've seen the nurse at my GPs as my current period has lasted for 16 days so far... And still going! Although it does seam to be slowing down,thankfully!! The nurse said its a combination of your hormones being reset and the fact that you are suddenly taking in a lot less calories. If you are conserved talk to your team or GP, but it seams to be a common occurrence after the op.

I hope it gets better for all of you. I used to be on medication to make me have a period and since pre op diet have not needed them. My cycle is a week out to most people's but I get my period every month now, which was previously unheard of!!!!! PCOS not winning anymore! :)

my periods have been getting lighter and lighter over the last 18 months.

However, since surgery - I'm getting really bad water retention for at least 2 weeks every month (minimum) followed by my period for a week. I'm constantly sore and miserable.

I've got a docs appointment this am. Back on the pill for me - I've had enough ! x

First period post op was horrendous as I couldn't swallow my usual concoction of drugs! Have always suffered badly though. Hoping nhs might actually help me with it when I'm closer to normal weight! They've always blamed that. :/

I had a permanent period for the firs. 2 months post op. Then back to none for almost a year. Now once a moth with no remaining symptoms of PCos apart from hirsute ness.

I have PCOS and used to have a period only three times a year pre-op. Now I have one every month, regular as clockwork. I'm on the mini pill and shouldn't really have them at all. I can't win lol :)

I had a permanent period for the firs. 2 months post op. Then back to none for almost a year. Now once a moth with no remaining symptoms of PCos apart from hirsute ness.

That's brilliant Yvessa!!! :) the hirsuteness is a problem though, especially for us ladies. Did you not get access to laser hair removal through your gp? My doctor has been great and I have received the treatment. Now am on my 3 month break before being re assessed and it's been a major help.

I've tried the laser hair removal, spent thousands of dollars, and it doesn't work on me bc my hair is too light. So I pluck and shave my extra PCOS hairiness :(

Back