• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

**ladies** question about periods.....

I no longer can as I don't qualify for any help as I no longer have pcos markers in my blood. I am booked in for ipl treatment in jab tho

Hi what's ipl? I stopped taking Dionette pill which helped with hair problem as not a great pill to be on, and the facial hair is back. Been on mini pill for 6 months but came off it Monday as hubby had the snip, so going natural for the first time in years. Tempted to go back on Dionette pill and vaniqa cream again cos if facial hair but this pill sent me a bit mad!

I no longer can as I don't qualify for any help as I no longer have pcos markers in my blood. I am booked in for ipl treatment in jab tho

PCOS markers?? Never had a blood test for my Pcos. They did the scan to look at my ovaries. Naturally, it took a long time to do so because I was too big to get a clear picture.

The GP said while I still probably have the ovarian cysts, I no longer have the hormone markers in my bloods and so while I may still have PCO, I no longer have PCOS

The GP said while I still probably have the ovarian cysts, I no longer have the hormone markers in my bloods and so while I may still have PCO, I no longer have PCOS

Thanks. I will check this out as I never knew they could check it through blood tests. It might be a good avenue. Now that your periods are more regular, has the flow diminished sligtly? I get such heavy periods, wondered if it's the same for everyone?

I am 3 months post op, and still having the most horrendous periods of my life! They last for around 3 weeks at a time and extremely heavy! Im hoping to go see the doctor as soon as I can get an appointment.

Before surgery I was anaemic several times due to having heavy periods.
Doctors was concerned after my bypass you don't absorb iron therefore making the situation worse regarding my periods.
But they hoped having surgery would improve my periods once my body weight was lower..
Sadly this hasn't happened..my periods are worse than ever,and on double dose of iron supplements...

gosh i was hoping mine would improve after surgery and the weight loss. mine last a very long time, longest was 14 months continuous and left me anemic, im just off a course of iron after an 8 month period

Before surgery I was anaemic several times due to having heavy periods.
Doctors was concerned after my bypass you don't absorb iron therefore making the situation worse regarding my periods.
But they hoped having surgery would improve my periods once my body weight was lower..
Sadly this hasn't happened..my periods are worse than ever,and on double dose of iron supplements...

I have exactly the same in terms of my anemia. :'( however, for the first time EVER I have regular periods without needing medication!!! :) I used to get them once a year until I started meds to make them more regular. Let's hope yours will also sort itself out. X

Period just started. Previous one started day before op , three weeks ago and lasted 7 days.

I've seen my GP and asked him about it, he did say its very common with this type of surgery, as it completely re-sets your hormones. But he does want me to go for an ultrasound and have blood tests done, just to see where everything is and to make sure its all ok. He is also worried about me becoming anaemic and ive to eat plenty of iron rich foods.

I have just finished a period that lasted 2 weeks. While I was in hospital recently it was very spotty though. Once I came home it turned in to more of a normal period.

I had horrendous cramping my first period since post-op, I've never experienced it so bad!! I've always had irregular and heavy bleeding.....but in a word, it was grim!!

I took neurofen plus to help with the pain, but have just read on the FB bariatric page that you MUST NOT take iboprufen post op!!

Very worried I may be damaging my new pouch, but can't cope with the pain.......???!!!

have you tried disolvable co-codamol?

I had horrendous cramping my first period since post-op, I've never experienced it so bad!! I've always had irregular and heavy bleeding.....but in a word, it was grim!!

I took neurofen plus to help with the pain, but have just read on the FB bariatric page that you MUST NOT take iboprufen post op!!

Very worried I may be damaging my new pouch, but can't cope with the pain.......???!!!

Im on very strong painkillers prescribed from the hospital,as my pains are very similar to mild labour pains when bad.
You can get medication to ease period pain from you doctors which is safe for us bypassers.
To in all honestly my hot water bottle is the best pain relief for me x

I was laying in bed doubled up with a hot water bottle for 2 days with Feminax (200mg iboprufen) and it didn't touch it.

I went for the codeine out of desperation as was over the Christmas period. The pharmacist said Iboprufen was fine for bariatric patients, but the Americans on the FB page are adamant it breaks down the new pouch!!!

I'm going to call my provider tomorrow. I'd hate to do something detrimental to my new tum!!

X

the americans are right. i was told to give up my naproxen a month before the op as its a non steroidal anti imflammatory drug. been told i cant ever have them again

Back