• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

**ladies** question about periods.....

Yep don't touch the NSAIDs.

Unfortunately they often don't know. NSAIDs can cause ulcers in normal people. For us they can burn holes through our pouches. The unfortunate reality is that we are now more complicated and cannot always rely on medical professionals.

It's pretty worrying....what happens when we lose the advice of our providers after 2 years? I hope there is going to be an advance in education surrounding WLS....!

In some cases the nhs has to pick up the buck if there are issues. Some providers will offer extended aftercare for more money. Others will see you on a pay as you go basis. And some don't even provide everything you've paid for. So do read all the small print and make sure you follow up on the things you are entitled to.

I was told by my hospital that I can't ever take ibuprofen again, as it can burn through your pouch. Paracetamol is fine and if the pain is very bad co-codamol pref the soluble one as it gets to work quicker and easier on our new tums.

2nd period post-op, over 4 stone down and it's still as bad as ever! Crushing up co codamol as I type!! :( so much for weight causing period pains #nonsense

Well.....my 2nd period post op and it is much improved!! No pain and light flow......haven't had it this good for over 15 years! :)

Back