• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap Band -contraception

jayney3252

Hi folks
:eek:
HELP!!! can anyone tell me if the contraceptive pill works if we are sick often?? I mean it says upset tummies etc but just wondered how other people have got on???

Just starting to lose weight dont want to get fat again but for another reason ha

Thanks

I'm not sure, but there is always a chance that you could sick the tablet up, making it non effective. I know a lady who got pregnant (on the pill) when she had holiday diaorhhea, it may be a similar thing. Could you ring your family planning clinic or ask your chemist? xx

thanks for that I have tried them but they said they had no definate answer as not dealt with many gastric bands!!! So just wondered if any experience of it on here but thanks for taking the time to reply anyway.

decided now to take the pill just before go to sleep at night because I am not eating after that so wont be sick!!! Guess you get used to these things eventually and work round them so instead of having it at 5pm and then having tea and being sick on occasion I now have it before no more food will enter my mouth and so far so good. Hope this helps others

oral contraceptive is fine, just make sure you take it on a empty stomach so it goes straight thru the band to the lower stomach and has minimal chance of coming back up, put it by your toothbrush and take it 1st thing in the morning so nothing can block its pathway down, thats what i used to do and i was fine x

I am ok yes thanks Mazza I just get things stuck so easily but learning the hard way I guess. Thanks for advice Liz sounds another option doctor just said it would still get into my blood stream at night so long as not being sick but morning is also another option. Thanks :)

bigger problems now!!!! Did you know that because of the lower immune system due to less calories we can be prone to herpes???? I am gutted but relieved at the same time that it was not some STD and nothing passed on by my partner. So antibiotics now and so pill wont work anyway oh dear they donbt warn of these things when we sign up for weight loss surgery do they????

I didn't know that but, funnily enough this w/e I have got the biggest cold sore on my top lip that I have ever seen. I've only had 2 in my life. My sister in law who is a dietician said it was due to my lowered immune system and that I need to up my fish intake. I have to admit I have been feeling more tired recently but put it down to lack of sleep.

Hope all goes well with your new contraceptive regime.

yeah it is weird how ur immume system suffers so much but makes sense at how little we are putting in I guess. Thanks for taking time to answer though x

Back