• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lapband: more money...

Ems73

I'm finding that I have so much more money post op, as I am not buying gallons of coke zero, chocolate, snacks, biscuits etc. I always used to be short of money at the end of the month, and I am starting to realise where a lot of it went

At least you will find it easy to save for your fills LOL.
It's interesting because on the WLSinfo forum they reckon they have not saved any money on shopping at all!
I could not understand that but the people there reckoned they bought better quality foods than before. I already do buy better quality so by eating much less I too expect to save money. My biggest saving will of course be on the wine LOL

Hi, after my sleeve I can only agree that my food bill has reduced considerably BUT my heating bill has quadrupled, I'm feeling the cold like never before no matter how many jumpers, socks and blankets I put on the heating is being used alot more than before.

goingtobehappy said:
Hi, after my sleeve I can only agree that my food bill has reduced considerably BUT my heating bill has quadrupled, I'm feeling the cold like never before no matter how many jumpers, socks and blankets I put on the heating is being used alot more than before.

I never thought of that!! Because I'm still at the beginning, I have that too look forward too!

I just hope by next winter my body will have adapted to fewer calories and the lack of insulation so that I don't have to wrap myself up like the mitchelin man to keep warm lol.

I saved money on food in the early days but as soon as I started losing I spent my excess (and more) on clothes - have swapped one expense for another LOL - still much nicer spending it on something that is not detrimental to my health (just to my bank balance :p)

I just hope by next winter my body will have adapted to fewer calories and the lack of insulation so that I don't have to wrap myself up like the mitchelin man to keep warm lol.

So you have lost loads of weight and still look huge due to the many layers of clother LOL
Must admit as I rarely suffer from the cold, I am not sure I am looking forward to that side effect!!:confused:

Personally for me, the best saving is on buying clothes, smaller sizes are a fraction of the price of plus size clothes, undies etc as well.
It's nice to be able to get a load of new stuff from Matalan say, and have lots to show for my money, than only having a couple things from Evans for the same amount of cash

also find,i am saving alot more money,just shows what i used to waste on junk.i am only 3 weeks post op,so can't wait,to start spending on new clothes.
tracy x

Personally for me, the best saving is on buying clothes, smaller sizes are a fraction of the price of plus size clothes, undies etc as well.
It's nice to be able to get a load of new stuff from Matalan say, and have lots to show for my money, than only having a couple things from Evans for the same amount of cash

Neen, I know what you mean, nice underwear is what I am really looking forward too,little delicate bra's! instead of my current Double DD's!

Cazraline said:
And pants that dont look like frumpy granny knickers!

Amen to them

Back