• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

will losing weight before next appointment screw with chances of surgery?

rachaelh

hi all, when i last went to sunderland royal in feb (before the whole fluff up with the pre op assessment thing), it was 3 weeks after i gave birth and i weighed exactly the same as i did in july 09 when i went to the group consultation, now the dietician who saw me told me to "try and lose 7lb" before my next appointment which would probably be end of august, so trying to be a good girl i rejoined weight watchers again once i'd had my 6 week post natal check up. My BMI started at about 52 ish and is now just under 45 i think, and i'm a little worried that they might turn round and say i've lost too much weight (i've done this weight watchers thing before many times, always lose 4 stone then start putting back on again with a vengence), especially as my appointment is now for june 7th so i should have lost around 60lb by then in 5 months (which don't get me wrong i know is great but will it screw things up?) last thing i want is to be turned down for doing well, question is do i start now on the ben and jerrys?? lol

sorry i'm rambling, but only just noticed my bmi when i made another post and now i'm freaking out!

To be honest Rachael I would think it better for you as they will see how committed you are to losing weight and will be more supportive of you than of someone gaining weight just because they're having the op. I would'nt worry about it because although you've lost some weight now, its obvious you have trouble keeping it off ( as we all have) otherwise you would'nt be opting for this op. Good luckxx

Hi, just put emphasis on that you've done this to show you're committed to having the bypass and to improve your health before you under go the op. With a history of loss and regain they couldn't stop you having the op because you're doing what you were asked and losing weight.

I lost quite a bit between my first and second consultations and it didn't make any difference.

Back