• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last minute cancellation of op

Hengest

Reposting this as didn't seem to come up on new posts - don't know why.

Just had my op cancelled (4 o'clock!) and was due to go in tomorrow morning at 7 . Absolutely gutted (or not!). Appointments secretary not in today and hopefully will ring me tomorrow. This is at Southmead. Anyone know what the procedure is now? Does everyone shuffle back one(doubt it) or do I go to the back of the queue. They told me my date about three weeks ago. I suppose the worst is I wait another 3 or 4 weeks. It's because some other poor so and so is having an emergency of some sort. Obviously sorry for them but selfishly inside I'm going " So close!". If it is another 3 or 4 weeks my pre-op will probably expire. Not to mention the milk diet!!! :argh:

Oh well - rant over.

Sorry to hear this. I expect they have told you to stay on your pre-op diet? I think they usually re-book people asap.

responded on your duplicate thread

Mine was cancelled 1st time as i was ill :(
But was rebooked about a month or so later...It's gutting mate but hang on in there as i'm sure you'll have yours very soon
Good luck
Andy

Sorry to hear that, bet you are gutted. fingers crossed and they will ring you tomorrow with an alternitive

Mine was cancelled on day of op but they did it the following week. My surgeon does the op one day a week, they wanted me in a hdu bed and didn't have any. They told me they get fined if they cancel and get fined more if they cancel again and need to get you in ASAP and give you greater priority.Give them a ring and ask, you have a life to organise.

Hi David, glad you have your new date. I had my op cancelled at the last minute twice, so I know how frustrating it is. My op was originally planned for 8th Jan, but I got a coldsore, so the surgeon said it had to be postponed for 3 weeks. Then the hospital got a flu outbreak and was closed down for 3 weeks for sterilisation! Finally got my op last week. Restarting the pre-op diet got harder and harder, so I would recommend staying on it if you can. Good luck x

Back