• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ACCEPTED A CANCELLATION..

TMD68

Six Month Post Op
And am having a Band at Derby on 12th June - 3 weeks tommorrow.

Am surprised! Only went on the waiting list 21st April and was told it could be September.

Started Cambridge Diet 2 weeks ago and lost 1st 2lb (I called consultants PA to seek approval and she said that would be more than fine) so hopefully I might not have to do any other form of pre op if I stay on this?

I would really appreciate any heads up - not so much what to expect, pain is personal thing and others can tolerate a higher threshold -- but am hoping as its keyhole - its going to be on the same par or less painful than a c-section?

Can you spare a pearl of wisdom for me?

xx

Am surprised! Only went on the waiting list 21st April and was told it could be September.

Started Cambridge Diet 2 weeks ago and lost 1st 2lb (I called consultants PA to seek approval and she said that would be more than fine) so hopefully I might not have to do any other form of pre op if I stay on this?

I would really appreciate any heads up - not so much what to expect, pain is personal thing and others can tolerate a higher threshold -- but am hoping as its keyhole - its going to be on the same par or less painful than a c-section?

xx

Hi TMD cannot give you any advice as i had an open gastric bypass but would just like to wish you all the best and congrats to your date. janey

Wishing you all the best...sorry I can't give any advice as I have had no surgery as yet...but I'm there are some lovely people who'll be along soon to help you.

~X~

Hi Hun - I cant advise on a C-section as I have never had one and I had a bypass, but a majority of people who I spoke to before I had my op, and now myself included we're fine after with just paracetamol. I was given a self administered morphine drip, but I only used mine once to see what it was like lol...I had no pain that paracetamol didnt sort out for me. Hope this helps - Good luck for your op and keep us updated xx

Wow, very quick, good for you! Can't give give you any info as never had a ceasarian. However, for the band everone is different - I felt like I'd been runover by something heavy with spikes on for a few days, the trapped wind in my shoulder was horrid, never knew a shoulder could hurt so much. But after a few days I felt a lot better. And then quickly felt fine after that. x

xx

Hi
I had my two kids by C-Section 27 and 25 years ago but it would of changed an awful lot from then . But I haven't had my surgery yet . All I can say that I wish you all the luck in the world hun . And my you have a speedy recovery . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

ive never had a c section but i have had 2 band ops and a tummy tuck, the band ops were a breeze pain wise to the t/t, the 1st 1-3 days is the most painfull after banding, but the more you move about the easier it gets as that moves the trapped wind.

liz x

That is fantastic news and also what a FAB weight loss so far :bliss::bliss:

You will soon be a new member on the losers bench - sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep you on track:)

Back