• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need some help at the moment please!

Andrea, believe it or not, but you are doing really well.. you are doing most of this alone at home and I'm so glad your friend is coming to take you out.

I'd be happy to ring you every day before your op if it helps when you are at home on your own... it's tough going.

The body is an amazing thing and adjusts... you are really going to be feeling so much better come March and the better weather... that's where I would set my focus Andrea... ahead... daffodils and spring...

Thinking of you and here for you, text me anytime Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Well done Andrea...you got through another day :D Each day is another ticked off and a day nearer to your op.....wooohhhooooooo :D Keep going hun XX

Andrea, a week tomorrow and keep going... at your side always and just wait and see, the enormous benefits... post op... xxx

Hello andrea,

I'm soooo pleased ur feeling better today. As your body goes into ketosis which is around day 3/4 you can feel off it especially with head aches. It's as your body uses it's last reserves and your liver takes over using it's reserves which is turn shrinks it. It's the same principle as the light life or Cambridge diet.

Sorry I have pm'd you I've been I'll myself. The upset tummy didn't subsided so I'm on only yogurts. The iron tablets have been causing my horrific upset tum. I've been going 20/30 times a day. So they've been stopped then yesterday I felt I'll so went to the docs and I have tonsillitis - great!!

I've spoken to anethetist via pre med and he's said he will assess me Sunday evening.

But funnily enough I've thought whatever will be will be. I've tried to keep myself illness free by controlling where I went and who I saw but that didn't work so I'm just going with the flow. Everythings for a reason.

Give us a pm and let me know how you get on?

Love claire xxx

Oh sorry to hear this claire and thanks for your great explaination about the milk diet..i will pm you later..thank you love. xxx

Sugga make sure you drink lots of sugar free fizzy pop as this helps if you're feeling hungry too... Can you have sugar free jelly?

Hi Sugga. I'm so pleased to hear things are looking up a bit today. Hopefully you will feel even better tomorrow. Did you get all your last minute bits today pet?

Claire, I so hope your tonsilitis settles. What a horrible time to get it!

Hugs to you both,

Grace xxx

Thanks Julie and Grace, no i cant have sugar free jelly love.
Im not actually hungry at the mo and i have a pint of milk left and some yogurt but i will make sure i use it before bedtime.
I can believe how well im feeling at the moment, its cheered me up no end. Still a bit weak but nothing i cant cope with haha.
Grace i bet its great being back in your own home and so glad it all went well and you are back on track. xxx

Can we have sugar free jelly????

I'm sat at frankie & bennys as my daughters at a birthday party. OMG everything smells so good.

I'm playing on my phone to distract myself and notice someone mention sugar free jelly.

I need to know now if I can have sugar free jelly

Xxxx

Claire, Sugga says not. I could but every provider's pre-op diet is a little different.
Grace xxx

Just caught this thread Andrea, sorry you have been feeling so rotten. Apart from feeling cold, tired & a bit spaced, I was ok, but then I was on a very strict diet before starting my pre-op anyway. What you describe is pretty typical for most people & it will ease as the days pass....I am betting those headaches are definitely due to sudden caffeine withdrawal...my friend has just had a band fitted last week & she felt exactly the same on her pre-op diet too. Hoping you feel a bit better soon xxx

Things are going slow Andrea, I'm on a bit of a stall at the minute, but I keep reminding myself that it took me ages to get so fat, so I'm not expecting to be a size 10 overnight! I am certainly much happier than I was, albeit a bit frustrated at the slowed progress recently...but on the plus side, I am doing a lot of exercise now, which I just wouldn't have been able to do before, and it certainly seems to be helping in the loose skin, bingo wings & saggy bum department...as in I don't have any yet, lol!xxxx

Are you thinking about for now, or post-op? You can use milk or water, between 200 - 400 mls depending on how thick/runny you want it, added to 25 g of protein powder. It's 99 kcals for the protein powder, then add on the calories for the type of milk you are using. Personally I thought they tasted gross with water so used milk....I found some of the flavours quite sweet so recently I have started using soya milk instead of skimmed milk & they taste so much better....less calories than skimmed milk too! If you are using them now, stick to whatever milk you have been told to drink on your pre-op diet though xxx

Back