• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last supper...

Ok, so today is officially my last day of 'freedom', so to speak! After shopping today, and giving the food from my cupboards and freezer to my bf, I am starting the pre op diet tomoro.

So, my last 'proper' dinner is in the oven. Homemade lasagne...my fav!

Just wondered what you had, or planning to have, as your last meal!

A Toby carvery.

I've already placed my order with my partner x

Lmao Sounds gd. Gonna really really miss my lasagnes though! Think that the main thing I'm gonna miss...actually, Chinese too lol

I had 2 weeks of last suppers it was great, did- Burger king KFC Mcdonalds Chinese lots of puddings lots of chocolate xx

You will be suprised what you dont miss!Bread was my god,now I dont give it a seconds thought!I havnt had a sandwich,cake,biscuit,crisp,takeaway,drink,roast,pudding in 3 months!

lol it's spooky but i was just about to start a thread on this. Tomorrow is my last food day before starting the pre-op diet on thursday.
I'd decided not to buy anymore food and was just getting rid of the stuff in the kitchen cupboards. So for tea tonight I had spaghetti hoops on toast followed by a bowl of creamed macaroni.
I think tomorrow though I might have to nip out to M&S and buy some of their indian food. Followed by a chocolate eclair.

edit: actually it might have to be yorkshire puds, roast potato's and proper gravy.
Part of me doesn't want to though as I'm paranoid that my liver won't shrink in time. But I don't want to be a week into the pre-op diet and suddenly binge because I didn't let myself have that last treat.

That's how I've felt! TBH, I've had a huuuuge blow out the past week and eaten WHATEVER I wanted so think am ready to start!!!
Sure you'll be fine Yorkiegal xx

Big an Bouncy, hope that's how I am!

Lotsabeefy, I can completely relate with that! Have pretty much eaten **** ( :-/ ) that past week but saved the best til last!

Lol I think I put on bout 6lbs this wk :-(

I can't remember what mine was but probably indian takeaway or chippie job. I remember toying with it and somebody suggesting i had a bit of everything... What did they think i was? A greedy fat pig? Ooops yes i was lol x

Hope you enjoyed your lasagne! Good luck on your pre op diet, you too Yorkiegirl x

Ooh thanks Mazza i meant to add.......

What makes you think you won't have lasagna again? There isn't anything you cannot eat post op you just adjust your cooking method, oils, fats accordingly. Lasagna made with lean meat n low fat cheese will be marvellous source of protein for you xx

I can't remember what mine was but probably indian takeaway or chippie job. I remember toying with it and somebody suggesting i had a bit of everything... What did they think i was? A greedy fat pig? Ooops yes i was lol x

Hehehe me to !!!!!

Phatmomma, I guess...just won't be the same lol

Jules you met up with myself Lisa and Angie at Merry Hill for coffee and cake then you hit the chippie on the way home. If I remember right you had fish and chips (large):rolleyes::D

I was phoned at 9.30 in the morning (before I'd had any breakfast) and told to start my pre-op straight away as my op was going to be in 10 days, so I started then but then decided at tea time to have chinese as the last supper (chicken and pork chow mein with a bag of chips and prawn crackers).
I still have the same dish now as a major treat but now I can only eat half of a portion without the chips and prawn crackers

well i had my last ever macdonalds today. Hate the aftertaste anyway so I don't think I'll miss them.
I'm about to cook a big chicken dinner and I have a bar of chocolate for later. But I sort of feel like I'm eating just for the sake of it.

The rest of the chicken, mash and gravy will be getting pureed and frozen though, along with a family sized cottage pie I bought today. Don't think I can cope with cooking stuff for the pureed stage once I'm actually on the slimfast, so I'm doing it all tonight. We can have pureed quorn mince can't we? Thought I might make a batch of that in a pasta sauce.

Not sure I should admit this but mine was a McD Quarter Pounder with cheese meal with strawberry shake and I went large :D:eek:

Picked up on the way home from my pre-op appt as that night I was starting the soup.jelly thing!

I did have 5 days of last suppers tho (home made indian feast, fish and chips in local restaurant, huge christmas dinner type roast, and the like!)

I just really needed that last McD :D

I still have lasagne tho - I just don't put as many layers of pasta in it or peel the top and bottom ones off and put them on my kids/DHs plate (or the dogs bowls!)

I'd had several years of last suppers when I was huge so to be honest I didn't really have an official last supper before I started the pre op diet. I was advised to lose as much weight as I could to increase my chances of survival and I was so worried that my liver might not have shrunk enough I didn't do the binge thing.

I have to say even two years out I regret not having Pudding chips peas and gravy with a meat pie chaser (My fave pre op lunch) one last time

I've just frozen the rest of the lasagne for after op/if sister comes over etc lol

Karlos, that's very true, am scared too of not shrinking liver enough!

I've always been very concious of what I'm eating anyways but the past couple of wks have been a complete blowout and damn am I feeling it the last few days. Very tired and ill :-(

Back