• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

last supper

j0anne

At Chester on wed for pre op.....I mentioned this to a friend and she asked me a question I surprised myself with the answer...

"what are you going to have as your favourite meal ..must be a bit like death row what will you have"

I looked at her not really having thought that much about it and then it came "nothing food got me in this mess and no point in adding to a issue"

Now I am sure she was expecting for me to say curry...a roast....kebab...etc....the truth is I have already stopped all that stuff so what is the point in having a last farewell to the stuff that got me here in the first place ...will I miss anything of course I will...will I destroy myself for it NO...

question is ...did anyone else have that feeling?

jo

I've had 2 last meals. One for each wls. Each an anti-climax. In hindsight no point as I still can eat most of what I had, especially on the first one. Only difference is that it didn't need a team of waiters with wheelbarrows to deliver it.

You will be giving up food as you it for your pre-op and then the post-op healing but life will be a new normal after that and you will still be having food for the remainder of your life.

Have fun :)

No I didn't have a last meal because I was told after the op I would still be able to have those foods, just less of them. I don't miss anything at all.
The pre-op is the hardest part....you have to be sensible doing it, but after that (and the 6 weeks post-op), it's back to a normal life.

Good luck :)

I went out for dinner with my boyfriend and some friends to Troperio's for my last supper. I also had a few Jack Daniels single barrel & cokes. Looking back it wasn't really worth it, but I suppose it's something some of us feel we need to do.

I went out for dinner with my boyfriend and some friends to Troperio's for my last supper. I also had a few Jack Daniels single barrel & cokes. Looking back it wasn't really worth it, but I suppose it's something some of us feel we need to do.

Thats's what ahs surprised me the most I thought I would feel that way.. Like you say something we all need to do as a individual I am just surprised at my response

Prior to four weeks pre-op LSD I had six weeks on meds including strong antibiotics (which hijacked my tastebuds and everything tasted disgusting) to rid me of a history of evil gut bacteria. Now six weeks post bypass and am on solids again. TBH I don't recall the last food I enjoyed, it was so long ago! Really pleased. Hurrah!

I had no warning for my last meal. Was going to go out and had a call one day saying start your liver shrink tomorrow your surgery is in 12 days! So had a takeaway curry and couldn't eat much of it not sure why. Bit of a let down really!:sigh:

I didn't get to have a last meal, but it's not something that bothered me. I was too excited about all the positives to worry about what I'd be temporarily denying myself. In hindsight I'm glad it all happened as quickly as it did - there was no time for the excitement to wear off or for my thoughts to turn to "I won't be able to have steak for months" etc.

I had already started eating healthy by the time the notion of last fav meal was really an option so when the balloon day arrived I was too scared to undo all the hard work I had put in. My dietician suggested & gave her blessing for a last yahoo before I started my bypass pre op so I thought about it hard and long and chose fish and chips as I felt that this was probably the one thing that I would most miss post op... I still had the balloon in and suffered for it for days afterwards so it kinda killed the mood lol

I had an Indian takeaway, and some white chocolate, as I still don't think I want that due to dumping. So yes, I really wanted my last supper and it was nice, except that I felt rubbish afterwards lol

even though I have no date for the op I have been mulling over the 'last supper' idea ... and at the moment I don't think I want one either ... as someone said, food got me in this mess, so over indulging seems a bit of a nonsense ... I just want the surgery, to start my new life and whatever I would have spent on the meal out or the huge takeaway will go on my first outfit purchased off the rail in a regular shop! x

even though I have no date for the op I have been mulling over the 'last supper' idea ... and at the moment I don't think I want one either ... as someone said, food got me in this mess, so over indulging seems a bit of a nonsense ... I just want the surgery, to start my new life and whatever I would have spent on the meal out or the huge takeaway will go on my first outfit purchased off the rail in a regular shop! x

HA yes that's how I feel been growing my nails so bought a couple of varnishes instead.. and i'm glad as food is in the moment.. and the varnishes will last a lot longer ...

Will someone report me missing to the police as I seem to have misplaced myself or been mind swapped!

I made a roast chicken with stuffing. I have a band so I have no idea if I will ever have stuffing again and it's one of my favourite things. But when I made it, I totally over seasoned it and had to drink a gallon of water afterwards and it wasn't how a last meal should be, so I thought, to hell with it! I'm done.

I've been ruled by food too long to put myself under pressure to have one last glorious meal, it was only right, that it was crap :)

Back