• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

last supper!

cancerian02

hi all, ive got my surgery date for 28th sept and begin my liver shrinking diet on the 13th sept, so i have decided to have my last (largest) meal in style on the 12th.
what did you have for your last meal? salads not included!!:D

Last edited:
Hello!
I'm starting my milk diet tomorrow, so i am going to a hungry horse pub to have a roast pork dinner today, mmmmmm, so looking forward to it!!!!

Danielle xxx

most ppl have a bucket list i have a cant eat any more so far i have ticked off

kfc mini fillet
burger king xl duble cheese
mackie d big mac
fish and chips with mushy peas
subway
im leaving the wifes cooking alone lol

oooh danielle, sounds delish. dont forget pud! enjoy yourself!
well bigun, cant beat that, but it gives me some ideas! i like the sound of fish an chips, but our chippy doesnt open on mondays.

I start mine on tuesday and having a lamb dinner today with home made pavalova for pudding - looking at diet sheet think im going to be very hungry, but keep thinking be worth it x

I went out to dinner at a friends and we all had such a lovely evening and scrummy meal that it seemed fitting to make it my 'last supper' x

I think that I will take my hubby out for Sunday lunch to our local carvery. I start my MD on the 5th of September. Still can't believe that it is finally here and sometimes think it is all a dream. I am trying to make it sink in by buy nice clothes in the sale ready for our holiday at the end of November (all in smaller sized of course, but still a bit floaty until I get the hang of buying smaller clothes for me) :)

it's lovely that we have worked so hard to achieve what the hospitals have recommended and i think it's nice to go out by having our last favourite main meal. in the end, we know the next day, would be a new life changing experiance and again we have to work hard at it for the rest of our lives. hope you all have fun! x

Mmmmm, I also did the "last time I'll ever eat this" eating for a week or two before starting pre-op. My must haves were:

Lunch in favourite local carvery
Fish and chips
Kebab and chips (not sure where that came from - not a great fan of kebabs lol)
Gooey, creamy cakes
McDonalds breakfast
Curry and rice
Meatballs and pasta
Icecreams of various kinds
Chocolate bars
Bread and butter
Toast and butter
Bacon butties

Hmmmm, easy to see where my weight problem came from;)

However it's all the past for me now and I don't regret it at all:) Good luck with the pre-op diet, it's easier after day 3.

I have already had my last takeaway (chinese) and will be having my last roast dinner next Sunday - not sure what meat though. I am having my last meal out on Thursday coming when I'm going out with some friends from my last job.

I have to start my pre-op diet on 9th September (I think anyway - that's 2 weeks to the day before my surgery) but, at the moment I am leaning towards starting it on the Monday of that week when I go into my GP's for my blood tests and to have a chat about my meds etc.

Some of the foods mentioned here will probably feature in a few dreams between now and my op but I think that's where they will stay!!

Tatiana

Pizza Express for me! I also ate a big bag of galaxy counters all to myself!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

I had chinese takeaway and to be honest didnt even in enjoy it,however i did enjoy the two bottles of wine i had with it x

Good Luck to all of you starting your pre op diet & I am sending you all my willpower ... OK so that maybe isn't much but it's the thought that counts, lol.:D:D:D

Am just off for my fish and chippy tea from take away, my last supper meal as pre op diet starts tomorrow x

tiffanyxo said:
im thinking i may have chinese for my last supper tomorrow. surgery on tuesdaaaay

Tiffany, I'd be wary of doing that as I've been told that one 'regular' meal could be enough for the liver to stock up on glycogen and undo any liver shrinkage pre-op diet!

One lady at support group the other day told the tale of her M-i-L who ate a take away the night before going into hospital, she was taken to theatre and when instruments were inserted her liver was still too big and her op wasn't done.

I'd be terrified of this happening! So much so, I'm starting my pre-op diet a few days early!

Tatiana

the mre I think about my last meal, the more I can't be bothered with food, it must be me getting my head around the surgery. This is my last week before starting my mild diet and I was going to promise myself an afternoon on the couch watching a film with some chocolate, but I feel that I want to go through the house and clean, tidy, clean, tidy and clean. I feel like I should be pregnant and ready for giving birth! :8855:

Back