• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Laxatives.

Hi. I wonder if anybody can help please. My Dr has prescribed Laxido Orange for me but I can't take a sip without gagging. (I hate liquid medication) Has anybody else had this problem? If so, did you change to tablet form and what did you take instead? The pharmacist has mentioned Senacot or Dulcolax. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it.

Are you on any meds ? I take codeine which is well known for bunging bowels up .. Now I've put on the soluble form and it's worse .. I have to take 2 Senecot every other day and I'm also drinking a herbal tea called Bootea which has a course of laxative tea which you drink every other night , using this method yes I am going and it's easy to go .. I drink approx 3 litres of water daily and this hasn't helped me at all .. I also eat a lot of fibre , flax , wetabix etc but I can still get bunged up if I'm not watchful ..
I crunch my 2 Senecot pills , I don't swallow whole .. They taste like dog biscuits hahaha !

This bootea is meant to be a 14 day detox and speeds metabolism due to the caffeine in it, it's also worth noting if you take the pill it may be less effective whilst drinking the laxative tea.
The laxative effect is due to the Senna in it..it seems very expensive for what it is.
Just my observation on it...not medical advice or expert opinion

Thank you all. I ended up ringing the nurse at The Spire and she told me to get milk of magnesia. It's just two teaspoons morning and night, so it's much easier, even if it is a bit like swallowing toothpaste. I eat food with plenty of fibre also but it doesn't seem to have much effect. Hopefully this will work. xxx

Back