• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablet change.

Hi. Can anybody help please? I'm on Fluoxetine which is in capsule form. I was advised by my anaesthetist to get it in tablet form pist op. Unfortunately its not registered at mybsurgery in tablet form. Does anybody else take fluoxetine and how did you get around it? I'm being sleeved in two days.

I have pills that don't come in any other form but tablets or capsules .. This is what I do .
In a blender , put all your pills with a small amount of milk , add half a banana and mix to death until you can't hear any tattling from the pills etc .. Then drink .
Obviously you can't do this if they can't be taken with food , I would just use milk and leave the banana out ..
I have a smoothie each morning with all my vits , script meds all mixed together , all in a yummy healthy smoothie ..
I use coconut milk and yogurt in mine ..
Mindy
Xxx

I take it and you can get it in liquid although you may have to push for it as it is more expensive may come under the Prozac version would defo recommend you try and get it x

Hi. Can anybody help please? I'm on Fluoxetine which is in capsule form. I was advised by my anaesthetist to get it in tablet form pist op. Unfortunately its not registered at mybsurgery in tablet form. Does anybody else take fluoxetine and how did you get around it? I'm being sleeved in two days.
I went to see my GP about one of my medications as I was concerned it couldn't be had in tablet form, (according to the internet). His list showed liquid was available, but yes it was dearer. He did also say that I could crush my pills. I do know though that capsules are a different matter as they always advise not to break them - there is something in the shell that aids absorption. I would suggest you talk to your doctor again, or even ask a pharmacist what to do.

Thank you everyone. It's D Day for me now and Ihad a lovely night's sleep and feel calm. That could all change when I get there though!

Omg how exciting ! Lots and lots of luck to you !
See you on the other side !
Xxxxx

Where are you ?

Oh and don't forget to start your diary on here . It's easier to find you in one place then :)

hope it all goes ok! Good luck!

Back