• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

Scooter you're looking fab -- the collage you have made is excellent !!

Hope you get good news at the hospital on Friday -- end of the leak and on with the rest of your skinny life !! :) :)

I have read through your story and have been very moved. I really hope that Friday gives you the news you deserve, that everything is healed. Good luck and hope you have a wonderful birthday

Hiya hun just wanted to say well done you look amazing! I have read right through with bated breath thinking this has got to get better for this poor girl you have been through so much! And your so positive, I'm glad you are now on the road to recovery and get to live your life as you want instead of having to be back and forward to the hospital I wish you the best of luck in everything you do xxxx

Scooter you're looking fab -- the collage you have made is excellent !!

Hope you get good news at the hospital on Friday -- end of the leak and on with the rest of your skinny life !! :) :)

Hello again Sharonimo, my friend :)

I feel better and better every day. I found that the collage photo thing helped too. Its just helped link a few things and shown how worth it its been from november 2011 when i looked like the hunny monster to now. Theres pics in that lot that at the time I felt as miserable as sin, ie. the nj tube which reminds me of how sick I was and couldnt eat anything, however the negative is a positive as without it I wouldnt have gotten better, be able to get through the surgery or eat birthday cake yesterday :)

So far the skinnier life is a good one, the only thing I dont like is the cold! OMG! I feel the cold like never before! 15 degrees and I feel like Im an artic explorer, going out in jeans, fleeces, multiple layers and a coat. Ill climatise eventually :) looking fab yourself!

Hiya hun just wanted to say well done you look amazing! I have read right through with bated breath thinking this has got to get better for this poor girl you have been through so much! And your so positive, I'm glad you are now on the road to recovery and get to live your life as you want instead of having to be back and forward to the hospital I wish you the best of luck in everything you do xxxx

As they say its Onwards and upwards from now on, Ill ensure that I do my part. The most hurtful thing of it all is that ultimately the complications I had occured bc of my actions pre-op. hell, If Id have eaten properly, the right times, been more active, taken better care of me, then I wouldnt have put myself in the situation where it was surgery: do or die. I nearly ended up with the latter, but something and someone answered my prayers and those of others and Im thankful. its made me more determined to get on with life, live it to the fullest within reason and do things the right way bc there is no way Im going back to where Ive been, or there is no way Im going to let it have been for nothing. In the same token, Ill continue to re-educate my family and friends about the little changes that make the big difference. I no longer buy my nieces and nephew cakes sweets or mcdonalds. I get them fruit or take them to buy fruit. So much my newphew is turning into a chimp with bananas consumed or fruit bat! Because Im more active, and can move more, I take the kids out they move more, we run, we laugh, we play and have fun. Go home, then we all crash out on the sofa or end up in bed early but its good and Ive never been happier in my life.

My one hope for having the surgery was that Id stop destroying myself. I was told a few years ago that my partner and I could not conceive because of me. My weight was crushing everything, it lead to problems sucha s PCOS, Endometriosis and I suffered those problems for over 10 years. More recently, Ive started regular cycles again, and although now Im on my own, as I got the elbow in favor of someone younger, skinnier etc.. I live in the hope that Ive been able to change the past damage and present to a better future where I may be able to have my own family. If things are still the same then so be it, but ultimately Im not going to put my family through anything they shouldnt have to, and hopefuly reeducating them will give my nieces and nephew who are all under 5 a better understanding of foods to help them make the better or right choices I didnt.

The kids dont even recognise the earlier pics of me in the collage. My nephew whos 3 goes "whos that?!" It was me 7 months ago.. shocking really. They can only remember to a degree me being in hospital for a long time, then coming home with special drain bags and a bogey catcher in my nose as they called it. Thank god theyre so excepting :)

hell, If Id have eaten properly, the right times, been more active, taken better care of me, then I wouldnt have put myself in the situation where it was surgery: do or die. I nearly ended up with the latter, but something and someone answered my prayers and .... Im thankful.

We are all thankful that you have survived your horrendous leak experience, Scooter (the worst leak I think I have ever read about).

I chose the sleeve because I had the impression that, on balance, after reading all the stats, the sleeve is usually safer and has fewer fatalities than the bypass.

The Whittington group I belong to (off here) there has been another bypass death this week (someone who was only a few days post op, developed blocked bowels and was sent back in for emergency revisional surgery, the 2nd surgery she did not survive) ...... it is the third bypass death at the Whittington that I am personally aware of. (I had already done my research and found evidence of two previous bypass deaths before my own op.)

All of us (bypassers and sleevers) who have these ops have taken a "calculated risk" at the time of surgery -- we know there is a possible 0.5 per cent chance of death, but we take the risk due to the possible long term benefits.

However all of those "statistics" the 1 in 200 patients who don't make it they are not statistics -- they are real people .... as has just been brought home to me by the news in the (non WLS) separate Whittington group I take part in this week.

I'm sorry to hear of the sad loss :( puts into perspective how bloody lucky I have been.
My heart goes out to their families.

I'm fortunate that Today I got the all clear from the hospital that my leak has sealed itself off and can now start increasing activity to commence toning and gym work outs :) I know I've been ill and now that's come to an end. I certainly will be taking the gift that I have been given and utilising it as best as I can.

Wonderful news Scooter. Love the photos in your signature. Such a difference from the beginning to now :) x

hi Scooter i haven't been on here for quite a while, i'm so glad youre on the mend properly, take care and don't over do things xx

Hi angie, hope all is good and wow! Looky at you!!

I'm still heading in right direction, yet to goto the gym as I have been knocked off my feet with the vilest case of flu ever and severe sinisitis. Can't wait for the gems yet to come!!

Hoping that ill continue to shake this dam thing off and get in gym at work, just very aware of everything and not willing to try pushing myself when feeling a bit pants and as they say good things come to those who wait so I shall wait :)

Back on my motorcycle complete with new ladies leathers size 16 and not mens size 8XXXXXXL terriffic! Bike has suspension and a treat to drive. Roll on summer when I get a Harley :) all looking amazing, keep up good work and much Love to you all!

You look lovely and so much better than you did x i'm very jealous if you get a Harley just think a while ago it would've been doing wheelies just by getting on it :) now you can do them coz you want to :) (i used to have a boyfriend that every time the bloody lights were red he'd set off on the back wheel when it changed to green )

lol! Loving my full bike gear :) Feel so much safer and I know with everything I have to be more careful and as i have better balance I have more confidence., however the wheelies are off the cards for now. The bloomin thing is too heavy for a start. I pretty much have to shoulder charges it to get it off the stand! ive been evaluating again and Im in two minds to get a car (god help me on 4 wheels) or look at getting a bike in new year. Id love a Harley but I dunno?

Im glad Im over flu too!

This week Ive been to the gym 3 times for around 40 mins each. Just some brisk walking on the treadmill for 20 mins, a 10 min exercise bike ride and 10 mins varied weights. Luckily the gym is at my work and even better still its free! Only a little gym but theres all I need.

At one point I actually jogged for about a minute before I had a panic and was all... ahh! May be too soon, but I enjoyed it! Just being overcautious :)

Tried to use the weights and ended up in fits of laughter. Machines were set on 50kg after the guys who fix the roads left the gym. I dropped it down to 10kg and struggled too much! Used to do this with ease, so I Dropped it down to 5kg again a struggle! ended up with 2kg on all weights machines I used but goodness me do my arms know about it since!

Shocks me that 6 months ago I was carrying excess weight of over 100lbs and now I whine at picking up a bag of potatos! how funny things change.

BTW Angie, your office photo looks just like my office!

Just give yourself time to build up your strength again, i found the same problems, our gym is at work n free, brill isn't it xx

Back