• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

It is, Chrisa; most of us fear it for years and years before it actually happens.

I am terribly sorry to hear that serious illness is adding to your fears. Your parents are still relatively young, if you know what I mean, so hopefully things will turn out well. My thoughts and prayers go out to them, and to you.

My Mum died in November '05. The passing of time does help, and you get on with life, but of course a deep sense of loss remains.

My dear Dad was the same - hardworking, unfailingly honest, generous, modest, and completely devoted to his family. I am still struggling to come to terms with his recent passing. Treasure good Dads and Mums, everyone! They are a blessing beyond words x

Im sorry to hear this :( Its something that fills me with complete utter dread. I see how my parents have aged this year and its scary.

I talk to my parents every day, even if its just for a minute, or send a text to say goodnight. Something I got into the routine of in hospital as I didnt know if it would be the last time to tell them, and I have no intention of stopping now. I always kind fo took it for granted that they knew, and I know they do. Just want to make sure they know for certain

The mere thought of losing my parents sends me into a huge panic, I was there for my husband when his parents passed away and it was terrible, my parents are 70 and 71, moved into abungalow this year and my mum has had 2 major op within the year. She has 2 skin cancers on her eye which now need to be removed next week and a skin graft 2 days later, it is a worry. :(

Your all in my thoughts and prayers Chrisa x

It is, Chrisa; most of us fear it for years and years before it actually happens.

I am terribly sorry to hear that serious illness is adding to your fears. Your parents are still relatively young, if you know what I mean, so hopefully things will turn out well. My thoughts and prayers go out to them, and to you.

My Mum died in November '05. The passing of time does help, and you get on with life, but of course a deep sense of loss remains.

I cant even begin to imagine :(

Thank you ladies its hard to tell people how you feel about your parents its not a subject that comes up very often. God bless you both especially you Scooter you have been through soo much, n yet you are already giving back to others. x

All for one and one for all bab, that's how it works :) keep us posted x

On another note! Hospital appointment today. Can't wait! Need to discuss few things with the team and to demand a swallow test to confirm leak sealed. Havnt had proof of this which I feel is holding me back also need to discuss my inability to eat pretty much everything other than chicken fish fruit veg and the odd pom bear teddy snack

Appointment went well, have a swallow test appointment for next week. I now weigh 75kg/ 165lbs/11 st 8lb. Expressed my concerns with regards to portions etc.. Sickness and have been told not to worry about a think. I have now got additional thyamine supplements and b12 injections. I thought appointment was with psychologist but it wasn't, nothing so I booked myself appointment today. Have been advised by surgeon my progress is good and not to worry and keep up the work. Before I left he made me lol with. His "oh and congratulations Rebecca" what for? "You now have a waist!" Sometimes I hate the man sometimes I don't. Good appointment in all, follow up in 6 weeks. Will get call after swallow test within 48 hours to confirm leak IS sealed and get that bit of closure needed

scooter81 said:
Appointment went well, have a swallow test appointment for next week. I now weigh 75kg/ 165lbs/11 st 8lb. Expressed my concerns with regards to portions etc.. Sickness and have been told not to worry about a think. I have now got additional thyamine supplements and b12 injections. I thought appointment was with psychologist but it wasn't, nothing so I booked myself appointment today. Have been advised by surgeon my progress is good and not to worry and keep up the work. Before I left he made me lol with. His "oh and congratulations Rebecca" what for? "You now have a waist!" Sometimes I hate the man sometimes I don't. Good appointment in all, follow up in 6 weeks. Will get call after swallow test within 48 hours to confirm leak IS sealed and get that bit of closure needed

Glad your getting yourself sorted scooter,wonder why they don't seem too concerned that you are not eating that well,I know you have already been through so much,did they say what they will do for you if the sickness doesn't improve,or is it a case of wait and see,Im glad you now have a waist,x

They gave me dom peridone and told me on super sick feeling days to take a little. Did also say there's a lot of sickness bugs around. At my work there's been a lot of people off so I dunno.. Did say even though I'm 8.5 months post op I didn't eat for 6 of them so eating wise I'm pretty much 6.5months behind. My imunitys poop at the moment and to just trudge on. Also putting some of my sickness down to my body telling me I don't need more than I'm eating. Also said with diabetes pre op this could effect the amount of time I take to digest fOod and the thyamine should pick it up? Today I ate well. I ate a whole fish in butter sauce portion with brocolli and I'm still full. Last week I couldn't eat 2 mouth fulls. I dunno? Just continuing to be cautious and get on with living as best as I can.

i haven't been on for a little while so was intersted in your up date :) well done for being able to eat at least something now and keeping it down :) i hope you keep on improving and will watch for more updates xx

Heres a couple more pics..

31815-albums2489-picture15934.jpg

31815-albums2489-picture15935.jpg

31815-albums2489-picture15936.jpg

It really has been life changing for you Scooter life threatening at some points, but you are here o tell the tail what an inspiration. xx

The whole experience has humbled me, and made me more determined to succeed and make the best of this second chance of life and living. Ive made some fantastic friends, and I thank you for your continued support x x

How did things go at the hospital??

Losing the equivalent of another person - and more - is an amazing achievement and, as you say, a humbling experience. Your pix say it all, as does the happiness you radiate now.

You've been to hell and back again, and no mistake. Now, at last, you are gaining strength and feeling even more positive about the future. Wonderful x

OMG I have just read through this whole thread all i one go,I couldn't put my phone down!!! I'm so so pleased that it has a happy ending and you look amazing!!! You epitomise the say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
Xxx

Hi everyone back at hospital tomorrow for swallow test and I get the big dirty mama of tests.. The barium meal and tilt table! Yum! Yum! Can't wait!!

Panics kind of kicking in incase there's bad news to come, but have the better half coming with me to support me and on that basis alone I know whatever happens Ill be ok.

On another positive note, when I'm done eating the hospitaly junk and drink Iim off work for the remainder of the day for a spot of crimbly shopping and ceebeebies with my nephew before catching up with friends (providing its all good with the guts)

How are you guys today?

Attended appointment, had barium meal and guess what :)

MY LEAK IS ACTUALLY SEALED!

I drank the junk and watched it go whizzing down through my stomach round the curly bits and into the blobby bit (bowel??) With no worm hole trails coming off it :) confirmed there and then well and truly sealed :) every drink I've had today has tasted so much better and enjoyed that much more :)

Life is mine!

Back