• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

Yaaaay definitive proof you are on the right road at long last , fantastic news , what better xmas pressie could you ask for ???

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

scooter81 said:
Attended appointment, had barium meal and guess what :)

MY LEAK IS ACTUALLY SEALED!

I drank the junk and watched it go whizzing down through my stomach round the curly bits and into the blobby bit (bowel??) With no worm hole trails coming off it :) confirmed there and then well and truly sealed :) every drink I've had today has tasted so much better and enjoyed that much more :)

Life is mine!

Great news scooter,you can finally start moving on with your life,bet you feel like you have been in limbo these last few months.x

Absolutely fantastic news!! So happy to hear a happy ending to this ordeal but I know it's only the beginning for the fantastic things to come for you :) x

Yaaaay definitive proof you are on the right road at long last , fantastic news , what better xmas pressie could you ask for ???

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

I was hoping for a partridge in a pear tree!

Great news scooter,you can finally start moving on with your life,bet you feel like you have been in limbo these last few months.x

Hard to explain how its felt. I've had days where I've eaten well and drank well, unquenchable thirts on others and afraid to take the fluid down bc not sure where it was going.

I try take their word but couldn't because of the experience. I was told on multiple occasions I was fine and wasn't. I saw the proof today and the relief is undescribeable. My family and I can now move on and I can start enjoying this scary exciteable new life :)

Absolutely fantastic news!! So happy to hear a happy ending to this ordeal but I know it's only the beginning for the fantastic things to come for you :) x

I've bawled my eyes out today with mixed feelings. 9 months of hell now over and I feel like I've woken up from a nightmare. Few head issues to tackle but I can do this :) my life is mine for living and enjoying :)

That is absolutely fantastic Scooter, its what we have been waiting for you to say and you to hear, you will be emotionally drained and then the high will come. Wonder if theres room now for an engagement with your lovely fella. Its amazing how our lives change from one extent to another, this just reaffirms my faith, you gotta lot of living to catch up on fo for it xxx

MY LEAK IS ACTUALLY SEALED!

Hoorah !!!!!!! :D :D :D

:party0049: :love047: :party0038: :party553: :grouphugg: :talk017: :dancing_snowman: :angel: :party0023: :party0019: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049:

Woohoo!!!! So pleased for you! xxx

from me phone :D

That is absolutely fantastic Scooter, its what we have been waiting for you to say and you to hear, you will be emotionally drained and then the high will come. Wonder if theres room now for an engagement with your lovely fella. Its amazing how our lives change from one extent to another, this just reaffirms my faith, you gotta lot of living to catch up on fo for it xxx

engagement?! not rushing things, taking one day at a time. who knows what will happen eh?

feel like a princess, no longer an ugly duckling. i have my prince charming and a "happily ever after" :)

icing on the cake.. an account of my journey has featured in my works magazine & Ive won a £500 holiday :) something for my surgiversary me thinks :)

u look STUNNING Sharonimo!

Hoorah !!!!!!! :D :D :D

:party0049: :love047: :party0038: :party553: :grouphugg: :talk017: :dancing_snowman: :angel: :party0023: :party0019: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049: :party0049:

Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles! Thank heavens for this good news x

Indeedy! I thought there was a better chance at finding a rocking horse poop, but hey presto! :) thanks for being there x

Scooter well done on winning the holiday after telling your life story no body deserves iit as much as you do. Is your solicitor taking your medical case forward still after all this hassle, i shoul hope so. So pleased you have managed to overcome it all n started to have a real life. Yeah only joking bout the engagement, you just enjoy what you have together and you do right to take it day by day, the stress you have been under your body and mind will not be able to think long term, good luck from here on in you deserve it. x

Well done on winning a holiday! Fantastic. I pray that, from now on, life will get happier and happier for you and your man x

its nothing major as such, just an in-house magazine and is about my surgery experience. I got fed up of being asked what happened and couldnt talk to people about it bc Id wind up in tears. I finally succumbed and they edited it down, printed it and I get to treat myself :)

Heres a pic of the article, will try scan it in :)

12549_10151350726388274_1651662349_n.jpg

The support Ive received from everybody on here has been overwhelming, and I guess its true that God answers your prayers in the strangest of ways. He brought all these angels into my life to help carry me along until I could do a bit more for myself, and Im thankful to each and every person who has read, commented, supported etc.. If one thing good has come out of this, patients are now being told of the darker side of this surgery in more detail. I met up with Tartanlady on Tuesday and she was advised of leaks etc.. a new chappy to my support group has also been advised, so its steps in the right direction that hopefuly nobody else will have to endure this.

I have an official complaint filed at the hospital and being dealt with by my solicitor. Let them do the worrying, thats what theyre paid for, right??

me im focusing on me, my fella and my family. I want so much more out of life than Ive had or believed myself to be worthy of and being a greedy bugger I want it all, with reason of course!

I would very much love to meet 'the one' and live happily ever after, and have credits saying "the end" but very cautious to plan anything other than tomorrow. I already feel like Im in my happy ever after stage, Im alive, here to tell the story and looking back on things, it seems like it all happened a hell of a long time ago. Ive been home from hospital almost 5 months now, and back at work the same amount of time.

I have my down days however theyre fewer and far between, whether its because Im distracted with work, my family, my fella (love saying that!) or just lost in the moment of living - I dont know. Everything just seems insignificant?

My biggest fear as of this moment is what on earth do I have for lunch tomorrow at work?!? Do I risk canteen food.. friday, usually fried fish and chips.. and pray theres vegetables instead? grab a sandwich? u know its the same thoughts we all have at some point. The thing Im trying to say lousily, is Im trying not to take anything for granted and hoping that today is as good a day as today, which was better than yesterday.

The article at work has gone down better than I thought. Ive had people appologise for not understanding the severity. The impact it must have been having on me with tedious things, like whilst being nil by mouth "lets have pizza at our desks day" and even the people who were evasive and rude prior to surgery have said sorry for the way theyve spoken to and treated me. Theres mixed reactions, 95% plus positive. Nobodys said a bad word, or anything, the other 5% is people who dont know what to say. Ive received several emails at work saying things that range from how sorry people were for things theyd said to me prior to surgery, after surgery.. not being there etc.. I had a random guy from another depot email me and ask me out! It certainly caught me off guard and made me lol. However not interested. I think its opened a few eyes and re-educated people which can only be good.

Today I ate lunch in the canteen and usually I get my small baby bird sized portion and get funny looks. Today I got my meal, ate my 2 mouthfuls (super restriction today) and a random stranger came to sit by me and asked me if the curry was any good and we got chatting. Shes considering surgery and asked me my opinion. would i recommend it?? the $1million dollar question.. hell yeah without a shaddow of doubt! Ive got my life back, blank canvas, I can make it what I want. For me it was the right and only option. I wish I could have lost it all the other ways, but I couldnt and Ive wound up getting a new gym buddy :) She thinks it was a bold thing to do, but wants to try other things first now she understands a few other things ie. There is NO "fat fairy" to magic it away. It is a life changing and life long commitment. As with everything, it has a cost. Ultimately what would you pay? It nearly cost me my life, and thankfuly I made it through. Alot of people dont see it as that, but if I can help one person understand, that its just a tool and still takes alot of hard work and effort to make it work, then its worth it.

Im looking forward to gym tomorrow with my new buddy :)

Hi Scooter, I am so thankful that you know that you have been carried through these terribly dark times, You are such a positive person and it has brought out the best in you you are stronger now than you thought possible, well done. You are a beacon of light emerging from a dark tunnel, such an inspiration, keep that complaint moving on xx

Back