• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

I've got an interesting freezer to be honest - its not a big freezer and I've put everything in freezer bagsm we have red tags for stew, blue for soup, green for meat in sauces, yellow for fish in sauces and orange is stuff I can't remember. Fancy stew grab a red tag out the basket defrost and pot luck what it is! Shall let it all cool, take some to work tomorrow and leave some in the fridge for tea. If I don't fancy it when time comes it'll go in the freezer.

To be fair only managed a spoon of stewed steak but it was bloomin lovely! Off to support group in a minute and may go back to it later on if the dog don't convince me he's hard done to..

Files located, gastroscopy rebooked for 8:45am friday 22/3/13

Wohoo bout time think someone has been doing their homework on them wondering how they could have possibly let you down so badly xx

Well, I have just been on one hell of an emotional rollercoaster ride reading this thread and am totally humbled by what you have had to endure over the past year or so :eek: I jumped from happy to sad to angry within many of your posts and am overwhelmed by your strength to battle on even when you felt like giving up. You are truly inspirational and incredible.

Thank you for sharing your honest and detailed experiences. I think they are very important and need to be heard. The seeming incompetence of your hospital is unbelievable and I hope at some point you will receive a well deserved apology and some form of compensation - as well as getting a resolve so you can draw a line under all of this and get on with and enjoy the life you most definitely deserve.

I was at my support group last night and asked about complications (relating to leaks/staple lines) and was told "you do not want to know". Well, actually, I do want to know otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question! I guess some people would rather pretend there are no complications as it makes going through with surgery easier for them? I am someone who likes to research thoroughly and read up as much as I can before I enter into anything. But that's just me :confused:

So please don't stop sharing your journey along with your picture updates. We do care and we do want to hear it - the good, the bad and the ugly.

So, have work been fine with you more recently as I was horrified to read about your narcoleptic episodes and them questioning whether you should be there or not? And then a B12 deficiency was diagnosed :mad: I know what you mean about the "another appointment" sigh and look even though my employers like to pretend in my disciplinary sickness absence meetings (where the union are present who are about as useful as a chocolate teapot) that my employers are doing everything they can to help me remain in employment. Hmmmm. Me thinks not :sigh:

Also, I noted you were going to write a Bucket List of sorts which I didn't come across. Would love to see that :)

Finally, I see you are pretty good with the dating. How do you meet guys? ;)

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment on Friday and here's hoping for a bright future.

Take care and much love to you x x x :wave_cry::hug99:

Nope not yet, I did call again this morning as I have done since they went awol and asked if they'd been found and again suggested who might have them. Was told I'd be called back, hour later missed call (I work in a call centre and can't have phone out due to data protection) and then a text message from my dear mom advising notes located. Endoscopist used prior as inpatient doing procedure so he familiar with everything and can you come in friday? Day booked off from work (relieved its a friday as weekend to recover) so here we go..

Let's hope so. Maybe the burglar brought em back? Or they were wedged in the shredder? Haha

Hi Samsara, thanks for taking the time to read my often random and insane ramblings.

Support groups.. I go to 2 in my area. Some of us goto both and get two totally different things out of each. The one in recent times I've been made to feel "bad" about sharing what's happened to me. The last one I went to the room kind of glared at me and said "no problems.. Sorry Becky!" And I could have crawled up my bottom. Then the next.. Same thing.. Gets to me I go.. Op a year ago, had a sleeve. Had probs. Fixed that have a new prob but it will get fixed.. See peoples eyes roll, sigh.. I shut up after this 20second brief and look at next person and new people ask what happened. I find myself asking permission to divulge the basics - I had a leak, was critically ill, almost lost my life but I'm here. I got through it thanks to my family, and support network. Then they probe more bc this is not something they say they were told about. Scary thing is they were due to go under the knife within the month.

How much is enough info? How much is too much? I've booed and sulked and cried and got pretty down over it, but I refuse to give up the fight for what I want - a happier healthier lifestyle. Hoping friday will bring that. I'm still eating like a gerbil but its progress. 3 weeks ago I was eating a piece of brocolli and full for the day or a few days.

I shouldn't have to take the volume of drugs I'm taking to drink water or gain sustenance. Its wrong.

I sometimes look back at this thread and feel the pain and worry what people must think of me and my rants. You know something? Im a believer in the truth outing itself and telling my story (note no financial gain in doing so here even though been offere a lot of money by a magazine) and heightening awareness. I believe by saying nothing that ugly dark side I had to battle with will claim someone else.

Ironically what's happened to me has helped others make other choices for wls. Its also helped others experiencing problems - I'm full of useless info about feeding tubes, pumps, setting, alarms and flushing blocked tubes its unreal. And even sadder! What speed to run it and and ratio of water to feed.. But it made a difference to someone else, and I'm proud of that.

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and I've found faith in my journey amongst other things and I know Ill get there eventually. I've come this far to tuen and go back the other way. I refuse.

My work have been great to be fair. I know its hard for them to understand because they can't. I know my manager like me is a number and has a job to do as much as she might not like to she has to. I've got the appointment today, shown her the text from my mom she's booked me off whole day hospital. Earlier in month I had to take annual leave as told by the scheduler lady - my manager has seen this said its wrong and crediyted it back to me.

I've also had a print out of my sick days from last feb -july given to me and every morning she and I grab the marker and cross them off one by one day by day. Despite the germs going round I'm keeping the germs at bay at present and even if I got them would still be turning in. Funny as pre-op I was all I can't wait to have the couple of weeks off.. Bloomin dump-hole! Then it turned into 3weeks.. Not so bad.. Then a blue and 8 weeks.. I wanna go back! 10 weeks.. I don't think Ill ever get out of here alive.. My colleagues are pretty cool, they try understand and the team I work on are good eggs. Visited me in hospital, when I came back to my flat - called to see if I needed anything, brought books, body creams, had a whip round and gave me prepaid credit cards to buy new clothes etc.. As with most things its the rules and task at hand. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of things but have to comply to a degree.

I've gained from my co-workers a better understanding and a new found respect. We have a high turnover and I'm no longer "the fat girl on litigation". I'm "rebecca" or "becky" and I feel so much more at ease. A girl I've worked with for 5 years told me she's got big respect for me (we never got on! - skinny little wretch used to look down at me) and the way the company works with respect to employees health is adapting. The canteen are offering healthier choices, there's health coaches available, health awareness topics for the month - with easter nexyt month and chocolate munching its obesity and diets! ) We have a gym on site free for use of employees and they're upgrading some equipment, and get discounted membership for our local big gym independantly run.

I get the odd comment I don't know how to take but that's bc I still see me as the same person - I'm still the same me, like same things and yes I've changed for the better, but I still feel vulnerable. At the time I was taken into ITU a company email was sent announcing it. Asking all employees to keep me in their thought, hearts and prayers and my family as I was on life support. The first email I saw when I came back to work and it made me run cold. I broke down.

Email updates sent as and when to my team from my manager and the response I got when I went back was overwhelming. People were shocked. Hosepipe up my nose, drains in my side for an "easy op" the "glammour op" didn't work.

I'm conscious now about how I proceed from here. Goodness half of them were stunned I wore a skirt last week for work. They never saw me in a skirt before! I felt great :)

Dating.. Haha! Aka disaster fishing.. I just go with the flow, I don't approach, I'm still as sardonic as ever and whereas before if I got asked for a drink I'd go "no thanks" and hide I go "sure.. Y not!". Not lucky really but just out to enjoy living, and a drink and chat is a night away from the telly and a workout dvd :)

The bucketlist - ill add it later on. From laptop. Some things might make you laugh, some are ludicrous! But its me and be interesting to see if u can think of any more for me :)

Thanks for the well wishes and luck they're appreciated, and again thanks for taking the time to read and post. If you have any questions, ill always answer. So will the guys here - chrisa, sicknote, wannabemine, yvessa and the others good bunch of people and they played a big role in listening to my whines.

Just to warn u.. Therell be more updates no doubt so do not operate heavy machinary whilst reading.. :) take care x

Hi Samsara, thanks for taking the time to read my often random and insane ramblings.

Support groups.. I go to 2 in my area. Some of us goto both and get two totally different things out of each. The one in recent times I've been made to feel "bad" about sharing what's happened to me. The last one I went to the room kind of glared at me and said "no problems.. Sorry Becky!" And I could have crawled up my bottom. Then the next.. Same thing.. Gets to me I go.. Op a year ago, had a sleeve. Had probs. Fixed that have a new prob but it will get fixed.. See peoples eyes roll, sigh.. I shut up after this 20second brief and look at next person and new people ask what happened. I find myself asking permission to divulge the basics - I had a leak, was critically ill, almost lost my life but I'm here. I got through it thanks to my family, and support network. Then they probe more bc this is not something they say they were told about. Scary thing is they were due to go under the knife within the month.

How much is enough info? How much is too much? I've booed and sulked and cried and got pretty down over it, but I refuse to give up the fight for what I want - a happier healthier lifestyle. Hoping friday will bring that. I'm still eating like a gerbil but its progress. 3 weeks ago I was eating a piece of brocolli and full for the day or a few days.

I shouldn't have to take the volume of drugs I'm taking to drink water or gain sustenance. Its wrong.

I sometimes look back at this thread and feel the pain and worry what people must think of me and my rants. You know something? Im a believer in the truth outing itself and telling my story (note no financial gain in doing so here even though been offere a lot of money by a magazine) and heightening awareness. I believe by saying nothing that ugly dark side I had to battle with will claim someone else.

Ironically what's happened to me has helped others make other choices for wls. Its also helped others experiencing problems - I'm full of useless info about feeding tubes, pumps, setting, alarms and flushing blocked tubes its unreal. And even sadder! What speed to run it and and ratio of water to feed.. But it made a difference to someone else, and I'm proud of that.

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and I've found faith in my journey amongst other things and I know Ill get there eventually. I've come this far to tuen and go back the other way. I refuse.

My work have been great to be fair. I know its hard for them to understand because they can't. I know my manager like me is a number and has a job to do as much as she might not like to she has to. I've got the appointment today, shown her the text from my mom she's booked me off whole day hospital. Earlier in month I had to take annual leave as told by the scheduler lady - my manager has seen this said its wrong and crediyted it back to me.

I've also had a print out of my sick days from last feb -july given to me and every morning she and I grab the marker and cross them off one by one day by day. Despite the germs going round I'm keeping the germs at bay at present and even if I got them would still be turning in. Funny as pre-op I was all I can't wait to have the couple of weeks off.. Bloomin dump-hole! Then it turned into 3weeks.. Not so bad.. Then a blue and 8 weeks.. I wanna go back! 10 weeks.. I don't think Ill ever get out of here alive.. My colleagues are pretty cool, they try understand and the team I work on are good eggs. Visited me in hospital, when I came back to my flat - called to see if I needed anything, brought books, body creams, had a whip round and gave me prepaid credit cards to buy new clothes etc.. As with most things its the rules and task at hand. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of things but have to comply to a degree.

I've gained from my co-workers a better understanding and a new found respect. We have a high turnover and I'm no longer "the fat girl on litigation". I'm "rebecca" or "becky" and I feel so much more at ease. A girl I've worked with for 5 years told me she's got big respect for me (we never got on! - skinny little wretch used to look down at me) and the way the company works with respect to employees health is adapting. The canteen are offering healthier choices, there's health coaches available, health awareness topics for the month - with easter nexyt month and chocolate munching its obesity and diets! ) We have a gym on site free for use of employees and they're upgrading some equipment, and get discounted membership for our local big gym independantly run.

I get the odd comment I don't know how to take but that's bc I still see me as the same person - I'm still the same me, like same things and yes I've changed for the better, but I still feel vulnerable. At the time I was taken into ITU a company email was sent announcing it. Asking all employees to keep me in their thought, hearts and prayers and my family as I was on life support. The first email I saw when I came back to work and it made me run cold. I broke down.

Email updates sent as and when to my team from my manager and the response I got when I went back was overwhelming. People were shocked. Hosepipe up my nose, drains in my side for an "easy op" the "glammour op" didn't work.

I'm conscious now about how I proceed from here. Goodness half of them were stunned I wore a skirt last week for work. They never saw me in a skirt before! I felt great :)

Dating.. Haha! Aka disaster fishing.. I just go with the flow, I don't approach, I'm still as sardonic as ever and whereas before if I got asked for a drink I'd go "no thanks" and hide I go "sure.. Y not!". Not lucky really but just out to enjoy living, and a drink and chat is a night away from the telly and a workout dvd :)

The bucketlist - ill add it later on. From laptop. Some things might make you laugh, some are ludicrous! But its me and be interesting to see if u can think of any more for me :)

Thanks for the well wishes and luck they're appreciated, and again thanks for taking the time to read and post. If you have any questions, ill always answer. So will the guys here - chrisa, sicknote, wannabemine, yvessa and the others good bunch of people and they played a big role in listening to my whines.

Just to warn u.. Therell be more updates no doubt so do not operate heavy machinary whilst reading.. :) take care x

Please please don't ever stop telling the truth. Despite everything you've gone through I see you as one of the biggest successes of wls. Not because you had a perfect ride or you lost all the weight. But because somehow someway you're still holding it together. That's all most of us are doing and some of us have had the perfect ride - like me. So I sit here in awe of you and your indomitable spirit.

Thank you Scooter81 for you honest posts. I am planning on having a sleeve in mid April 2013, and I am worried about what might go wrong. But, I'd rather have the truth than lies, at least I'll know what to look out for and not ignore any problems or pain.:thankyou::happy096:

Thankyou Yvessa.. Wls is not an easy ride for anyone. We each encounter our problems, get issues and have difficulties post op whether they're extreme or the "norm". I read your threads, those of Beckys, Sarahs, sicknote, chynadoll, sophies just to name a few and it spurs me on. I get to enjoy the ups with you and the downs.

I guess for me its offloading my mind and getting it off my chest. Start each day a fresh, build on the day before.

I'm totally bricking this on Friday. God knows how I feel in my heart but is giving me the strength to go on. This is hopefuly the last battle (for now) and Ill get the answers that are needed to the questions asked, the treatment needed to resolve things, and a step closer to my goal and "happy ever after".

Of the trials and tribulations I've had in my life this has got to be by far the biggest, worst and lengthiest. Many lessons learned, and many more to come no doubt. However I feel at peace at the moment as life is pretty good considering.

Driving lessons are going well - the cars in one piece - and its lovely and warm. I've already figured how to turn the heaters on ( a luxury I don't have on my scooter) and just have to remember that I'm in a car which is bigger and wider than my bike and can't always get in spaces I *think* I can. However I have! But they've been pretttty tight :). One thing I hate about car driving with a passion has got to be traffic jams.. Oh my days! On my bike I can check the line, aim for a break or space, see what's coming up, filter down the side and being taller than most cars have vantage points of vision. Not good in the car.. It doesn't fit down the middle.. Those stupid island things (technical name unknown) with bollards on are so stupidly placed! Whichever idiot thought iyt was a good idea to put those big wide speeds humps everywhere needs a clout! Surely some of them are too wide and high! On the bike I go round them, but noooo.. Lol

Its nice in some instances not to have the wind.. The rain.. Snow.. Cold in your face and numb hands even though wearing several pairs of gloves. But I'm gonna miss my scooter when I pass my test. Have till September to do it in, that's when my by CBT entitlement runs out and the weather goes even more pants.

Bring on the challenges!

What kinda cookie Chrisa? Nutts? Haha :)

Btw Yvessa I love your new pic, gorgeous lady in a lovely outfit :) doing fab, keep it up :)

Btw Yvessa I love your new pic, gorgeous lady in a lovely outfit :) doing fab, keep it up :)

Thanks so much hun! I had the opposite problem when driving - my partner was known for saying if the 4*4 can get through so can you!

Have u noticed.. A majority of Men drive cars fearlessly and criticise our driving yet in the supermarket pushing a trolley they have the same concerns.. Will u fit through? No.. maybe.. I can try.. Ahh no ill wait here.. Shoulda gone then.. Arghhhh!

My dads taking me out in the car tomorrow that should be fun! Last time 7 yrs ago I got out at traffic lights and walked 3 miles home leaving him red faced and we didn't talk for 2 weeks

To be fair though I am a confident driver. I just don't trust the other guy. I was told by my instructor that I needed to slow down.

Scooter definitely a nutty cookie but with soft gooey inside, but lots of chocolate chips in cos we all love chocolate n we all love our little Scooter. Bet you never thought you would hear those words LITTLE SCOOTER haha, chin up girl you can get through this on friday with our support behind ya xx me n my dad fell out whilst driving i never got to passing my test biggest regret eva never had enough cash since so expensive now. xx But you just neva kno, never say never. xx

Half way thru working day and I'm in a foul one!

Had a text from a friend saying hope todays a good one, year ago today we nearly lost u. Be proud of where u r x x

I'd forgot. 3rd surgery. 6hours on table itu. Then wham refreshed!

Don't want to be in work would rather be with my mom. Want to cry. Feel overwhelmed. Roll on hometime!

Caught and received with many thanks x

So I'm now nil by mouth again until procedures done and I'm already parched! Good thing its bedtime really. Having said that I bid you all good night and adieu till later on. Ill be sure to update asap with the bucket list :) sweet dreams and god bless x

Back