• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

as much as i llike crusts i think ill have to pass on that one lol

Hello love :O)

Sorry not been in touch been terribly unwell, just posted in the private forum, no medication can help me and im on the feeding tube for 20 hours a day now, the reversal is my only chance at a normal life or i will be staying on the feed for the rest of my life so god willing i will pull through it and get my life back xx how have you been? whats happening now? xx

All my love and best wishes

Sicknote

xxxxx

Hi bab, sorry to hear you've been unwell. Feed for 20 hours a day? Crikey! Have they slowed the pump speed down? Changed the feed? I reckon that's around 2.5litres and 2800-3000 calories per day?

Can they not change the feed type your on? Theyres different grades for different circumstances including part digested/broken down. Its not like chewed up but broken down with additional enzymes to help the bowel absorb it. I know when I came out of ITU I was on nutrison protein plus before being switched to energy, and that was switched fibre periodically. Best feed for me was the protein plus - higher protein levels and fats content. Only problem is because of the 1500 calories per bag and the. Fat contents it gave me a bit of a gut ache :(

Ironically regardless of the pump speed and such you can only take as much at a time that your bowel can absorb. Its kinda like a sponge. Drip water onto it and it absorbs it. Pour aa bucket of water on it yes it absorbs some but can't process the rest and the exccess has to go somewhere - sick.

I'm just.. I wish I could ease some of the pain your feeling, but know that there is hope. You are in my thoughts and prayers. We made it this far and will get there. Any news on the reversal?

Ill inbox you shortly x

Having a bad day :( today is one of those days where despite the volumes of buscopan, dom peridon, meteoclopramide, andanzatron and cyclizine I'm still being sick just on sips of water. Tried juice, tried tea, tried coffee, tried milk. I even tried soup!
Had none of this daily occurance for 2 weeks and now its back :( Frustrated is an understatement

that's not good - do you think the curry was to blame and maybe just pushed you too far ?

Sucks being ill. I'm full of the snots and been very fevered last few days. Got a small child (read germ factory) who has had a vomitting bug for over a week and kindly passed it on to mummy. Luckily, I;ve not had too much sickness

thinking maybe it was the curry. Gutted as it was very nice and I only ate a couple of spoons. Wasnt as spicy as mulligatawny soup so I dunno.. thatll teach me..

To be fair Im a bit snotty nosed today and feel cold to the bone so Im not sure :( One of the girls on my team at work called out sick so could also be a bug. Ill be better in the morning no doubt. On that note, Im going to take a nice hot bath and go get in bed. Nice early one I think.

Hope your feeling better soon Sarah. Hows the weight loss coming along hun??

Thanks apples..

Hiya

might just be a bug.... there are some horrid ones going about atm. My little one has had a nasty vomiting bug and cold for the past week -so hasnt been at nursery and I've not been at work.

I started getting it over the weekend. I was ILL yesterday - fever of 39.5 and couldnt concentrate. Littleun wasnt well enough to go back to nursery, so it was a real tough day at home... Went to bed last night complete with jumper, hot water bottle, socks and an extra duvet in the spare room. I was freezing but boiling at the same time. Miserable.

Littleun went to nursery today, but I stayed off work as I was still burning up and of no use to anyone. I really do need to go in tomorrow.

I think I posted somewhere that I was 10lb down one week after surgery. When I got home from parents, home scales were 4lb heavier than theirs - so I can only reckon I'd lost 6lb and not 10lb :-(. That would then meant I lost 6lb last week too.....

I did stand on scales this am and am exactly same now as I was on Friday. I reckon it's this cold. I'm drinking loads of fluid - but it's not coming back out. I find that normally happens. A few days after it goes, all of a sudden it flushes out my system. Need to wait until Friday again really to find out for this week - though I;ve got a funny feeling it wont start dropping until the weekend. We'll see. It can only go one direction as there isnt much going in....

As I wasn't feeling great this am, I totally forgot about breakfast. I even forgot to have a drink. Didnt realise until about 2pm and then had some fresh tomato and basil soup. I had a coffee around 6pm and two mini eggs.

At 7ish, I had some chicken laska noodle soup. Said on the packet 48% was noodles. Those went in the bin before I started... so I had 3 or 4 tiny bits of chicken, a few bits of grated carrot and bell pepper.

I've just had a hot ribena, some cold and flu tablets and my second lansoprazole of the day just now. So out of sync ! Also not had nearly enough fluid intake today..... or yesterday ...... Definately a better day than yesterday

Bought a couple of packs of heavy duty tie bags. Started clearing out clothes I haven't worn in years. Going to totally gut out and chuck out everything as seasons change - no point in keeping them. I've got several pairs of jeans that need to go as tumbledried and now too short in the leg anyway. Most of it isnt even charity shoppable - it needs to go for fabric recycling.

I'd rather have empty drawers with a few things to wear and plenty of space to put new things into when the time comes....

Hope you are feeling better in the morning x

not the same issue i know but as ive mentioned before my daughter has stomach issues and has been fed by tube long term and when she gets snotty she vomits everything going, because of how ill she was her first few years i spent half the day feeding her, watching her vomit, waiting 30 mins and then feeding her to replace what she vomited, was a vicious cycle. got to the point where we would then swap her feed for dyoralite and then a day or 2 later start gradually building food back in to the equasion.

i hope you can get ur stomach to calm soon and get something into it

No not heard anything for a few days hope she is doing ok. It is a worry as she has been through soo much. xx

Hi ladies and gents, sorry Ive not been about. Just been on my own little planet away from everyone and everything trying to sort things out with work, hospital and stuff..

Im still shoveling anti sickness daily to keep fluids down and eat. however the food intake has increased in volume and reduced in frequency so i guess it levels out. Full of beans.. literally. fed up of the little beggars! chilli beans, baked beans, curry beans, green beans, adouki beans or whatever there called but it seems to be doing something? I feel like I have more energy and am now maintaining weight and no further loss. Good or bad I dunno.. I gained a couple of lbs but theyve gone, but if i gained a stone I wouldnt care.

Ive been doing stupid hours at work as the overtimes available due to our annual billing period and Im not longer "barred" so that helps pay the bills and debts incurred over last year have now finally gone woohoo! Bless slave labour..

Ive been going to the gym while the opportunity is there and enjoying it. no longer a chore but something i enjoy along with my daily walks with Stig. Ive been ice skating with my niece again, were turning pro and will have no probs getting cast in the next Disney on Ice production I reckon because we are so legendary! All I can say is its a good job my bottom already has a crack in it otherwise Id be concerned with the number of crashes its had on the ice and rollerblades. Saying all with bruises and bumps, my street creds gone up with the 5 year olds and 4 year olds (niece and nephews) so thats pretty good. were all as equally clumsy and sulk when we fall and thats a good group effort :)

Since the gastroscopy I felt it necessary to dig a little deeper into a few things particularly with how I feel about the whole thing. Ive been trying no to stress about things, and I have. On the same token busying myself with babysitting, work, looking like a right idiot in rollerblades and gardening knee pads (forget paying £15 for pads when u got poundland gardening pads) means I havent had time to dwell on things. The omg.. what now? what if.. maybes and things that drive you insane.

I had a call from the hospital last week. The main consultant Mr K (and chief medical director) has been consulting with the team and wants to see me as soon as possible. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:20am. Really looking forward to it - should get answers from the big cheese, right? ooh another flying pig!!

Ive also been advised by the team I can now apply for a tummy tuck, Im overjoyed! Im still in pieces and in need of assembley - correctly - Id love to live a more normal less futile existence and get my sag bags, and flubber sorted out. but can I trust them? no.. why try offer something else to add to the problems if they cant/havnt fixed one thing. I shall let you know the answer to that question tomorrow.. to be fair, I quite like my flubber. Ok some days its a hinderance, but it keeps me warm in my bike stuff so its all good.

Ive had quite the productive day today, managed to acomplish a fair bit at work, came home, cleaned the house from top to bottom (my flat is dinky) cleaned the windows inside and out, cleaned the porch and windows. defrosted the fridge, done the laundry, sorted out clothes - too bigs, fit ok, getting loose and the haha! wtf you thinking of trying to fit in this!?!? pile.. been interesting.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow it can only get better. Ive decided further to discussions with my gp that the anti sickness pills need to be knocked on the head. Im experiencing other problems as a possible consequence - pins and needles in neck, face and hands periodically, runs, stomach cramps, aches in the side. Long term its going to cause more harm than good so need to determine a plan of action.

My gp has advised he will no longer prescribe them for me. He refuses due to the length of time Ive been taking them, and I am armed with a letter stating this for the appointment tomorrow.

Weve celebrated my moms 54th birthday this week - made her a cake. Nice big chocolate cake covered in Malteasers - it was divine! Well.. the smell was then after 5 mins of decorating the darn thing it was sickly.. I havnt eaten any but have been reassured it was very nice and the entire family approved.

Went to Toys R Us last weekend to get my niece a 2nd birthday present (11th April) and settled on buying her a wendy house thing made of solid plastc for the garden that was on special offer. Made my dad laugh as I was able to crouch down and shuffle init and sit down with plenty of room. The door was just about big enough for an Ewok, which means Maisy will love it, but more importantly I can sit in there with her and our disney princess tea set and Minnie Mouse and have fun too :)

One of the better things to happen as a result of surgery is the pleasure I get with my family. We can do more things, and its the littlest things that mean the most. theyre the most significant and I cant wait to share a cup of squash in that tea set with her :) Im the proudest Aunty ever. Last year I was still in ITU and missed her 1st birthday, however this year were making up for it :)

Hope alls well with you guys, sorry for the insane ramblings. Take care and Ill update you more tomorrow. Fingers, eyes and ears crossed for something good, pleeeeeeeease!

oh and Ive treated myself to a new dress with easter egg money.. yes another one.. just need somewhere to wear it now and some shoes.. i think i need to have serious talks with the team as im becoming too girly and my brothers are horrified at this latest development. They reckon its by far the worst as they feel the need to say I look ok instead of trying to headlock me.. also for easter Ive never had so much chocolate in all my life! Anyone wants them they can have them if they can collect. 2 have died a death and been melted into rice crispy cakes, the other 9 need to go!

Get bthem all melted down and make more crispy cake sfor the kids. Donate them to some one who decorates cakes or someone who has lots of kids and short of cash n kids will have gotten very little. As a church group we have in the past donated ours to the womens refuge for the kids there as most of them will have left home with what thye have on n nothing else. xx

glad you are staying fairly upbeat and thankfully haven't had to wait too long for a follow up appointment. All good stuff (as are the beans !)

Best of luck for tomorrow x

you honestly wouldnt be saying that if you were in the same room as me Sarah! I love the extractor fan..

hahaha !!!!!!!

thankfully, that's one problem I havent had ! Still (if I did) - there is a certain work colleague it could be blamed on and no one would ever know the difference.....

yes the poor dogs gotten alot of blame. its at the stage now he rolls his eyes and sighs.. Work isnt so bad as I sit in the end of our pod by the printer and can blame people who goto the printer. even worse bc when I do actually say.. goodness me, Im sorry. Julie who sits by me laughs and goes.. haha funny.. I bet it was "this person".

Back