• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Learning to stop before its too late

I asked about the burping at my meeting with my surgeon last week. He said if you have a slow transit the gas that is produced in your intestine can end up going up rather than down and this slowness can be caused by the strength of the muscle at the bottom of your stomach. I hope it gets better, I hate burping all the time!!

I dont think its that as its only just after i eat!

I had a bypass. But burping is sometimes my soft sign I am near full. Or I get hiccups.

I try to listen to my pouch. Feel what it's saying. Because I hate the consequences when I don't. Like a dog with rabies lol. The slime!! Yuck!! The pain!! Ouch! Lol

Yes I agree my first burp tells me I'm full. I try to stop before it as the hiccups are painful!

I had a bypass. But burping is sometimes my soft sign I am near full. Or I get hiccups.

I try to listen to my pouch. Feel what it's saying. Because I hate the consequences when I don't. Like a dog with rabies lol. The slime!! Yuck!! The pain!! Ouch! Lol

I'm trying to learn too, it's hard!

I'm trying to learn too, it's hard!

We have a lifetime of not listening to our bodies. Being full pre op was our goal lol. Now we have to learn so many new things, there is no surprise that it takes us a while to adjust.

It's like if you went from driving a land rover to a mini, it would take ages to adjust to. But once you did, it would be like you had always had the mini. That's what I think happens more long term post op :)

Ruthie, i have read somewhere that pitta bread is one of the worst things for swelling up in your tum after eating it. I'd avoid it if i were you!

I'm surprised by this. I would have thought soft doughy bread was worse?

I thought that pitta's and wraps would be less doughy and less 'swellable' ....?

I'm surprised by this. I would have thought soft doughy bread was worse?

I thought that pitta's and wraps would be less doughy and less 'swellable' ....?

It was only an anecdotal post i read on another forum, but several agreed saying they couldnt tolerate Pita anymore. Really it applies to any dough item, they all swell in the tum and cause bloating. I cant tolerate bread any more! :(

It was only an anecdotal post i read on another forum, but several agreed saying they couldnt tolerate Pita anymore. Really it applies to any dough item, they all swell in the tum and cause bloating. I cant tolerate bread any more! :(

I cope better with bread that I do with pitta. Gets a bit stuck lol. And I don't cope as well with toast as I do bread. Other people are opposite to me.

Pitta is fine for me, I toast it though.

Read this thread with interest. What sort of portions are you on after say 6 months/ year with a sleeve? For a dinner say? A ready meal size or smaller?

Back