• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leeds

Not quite Leeds. Bradford here x

I'm bradford too. But still pleased to meet you x

So am I getting this right and all the Yorkshire pcts are linked? In which. Case would it be possible to attend the Bradford support group for instance? (Thursday's are difficult?)

Hi everyone,
I'm in Leeds, go into Jimmy's on Wednesday! Doing my pre op diet now, haven't packed my bag yet....a job for the weekend :)
Jo x

jojojelly said:
Hi everyone,
I'm in Leeds, go into Jimmy's on Wednesday! Doing my pre op diet now, haven't packed my bag yet....a job for the weekend :)
Jo x

Hi Jo,
I was beginning to think I was the only person from Leeds. Gosh, I bet your excited and nervous for Wednesday, I've looked at your other posts, your having open surgery. Is this purely down to the surgeon or due to other factors? Medical? How long has it been from referral for you and through the various stages?
So many questions, but I'm excited to find another person from Leeds?

Please keep in touch, let me know how you get on, I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Hi there was a man at the last bradford support group who's having his surgery with Mr pillars at spire leeds. So you would be more than welcome. It's not so much about where as speaking to people who have gone through the same thing. It was my first time last time and they were lovely xx

That should have read Mr pollard. Sodding predictive spelling!!

I go to the Bradford support and Leeds sometimes I had my surgery with mr Pollard at Leeds he does open surgery not keyhole ! You would be welcome at any support group everyone is so friendly I have to travel to Leeds for all my Pre op and post op assessments

Go luck Jo

Thanks Ashlie :) Will hopefully make it to a support group meeting after my op! How did it all go? How was the open surgery? I am a bit worried about the scar.

Hi WobblyW, I'm having open surgery because that's what Mr Pollard does. He did say he would refer me to another surgeon if I wanted keyhole but to be honest I was so happy to be going forward with surgery funded by the NHS that I'd have any type of op!!! Plus Mr Pollard was lovely and I felt at ease with him :)
I am excited and nervous - not looking forward to the stay at Jimmy's, sure it'll fly by though.
My initial referal from my GP was probably about a year ago, I then got a cancelled appointment to see a dietician at Armley Moor medical centre last August. It wwas then a 6 month wait until I saw the dietitian at the LGI....got the go ahead just before Christmas. Had my appointment with Mr Pollard in Feb. It's gone by really quickly.
I will keep intouch WobblyW!

Jo x

In all honesty it hurt more than I expected for the first couple of days and I was out of it but I'm 12 weeks post op and I can hardly remember it I've lost 5 st 8 in 14 weeks including Pre op diet.
My scar isn't too bad it's very very neat and to be honest I'm never planning on wearing a bikini lol I'm sure you will be fine I would recommend the meeting it's a good place to find helpful tips etc

Hopefully see soon x

Thank you all so much. That has been most helpful. I go to see the dietician at Armley Moor on Tuesday. Any tips?

Just be honest when you see the dietician. I'm sure, like me you've tried most things to lose weight but can't keep it off. Think it helps if your expectations are realistic, gastric bypass is a tool to help you...not a miracle cure.

Thanks Ashlie, wow you are doing fab :) well done. Any tips on what to pack in my hospital bag?

I had all sorts lol books ds etc didn't do anything but sleep and watch tv you really won't need much also the phone signal is rubbish but there is a telephone next to your bed as long as you use landline numbers it's free.

Take change for the tv cards there £3.50 for 24 hrs also I would take some headphones my ward was really noisy on a night I just put the music channel on the tv and fell asleep listening to that lol . Maybe a magazine but honestly you will be out of it I got my husband to bring some lip balm as I was dry that's all I can think of really you will need slippers and a pjs etc I found it easier in a nighty good luck x

I found with the dietician soon as I started talking about weight etc I ended up in tears just be as honest you can xxx

Thanks again Ashlie, useful stuff to know. Going to pack my bag today.
Finding the pre op diet a bit of a struggle at the moment, but know it'll we more than worth it, definitely feel like I've lost weight :)
Jo x

I lost 1 stone 6 on the Pre op it was so bland though I bet your excited won't be long now you'll be home on Saturday x

Thanks again Ashlie, useful stuff to know. Going to pack my bag today.
Finding the pre op diet a bit of a struggle at the moment, but know it'll we more than worth it, definitely feel like I've lost weight :)
Jo x
Good luck hope it all goes well, have a happy and healthy recovery. xx;)

Back