• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leeds

jojojelly said:
Hi everyone,
I'm in Leeds, go into Jimmy's on Wednesday! Doing my pre op diet now, haven't packed my bag yet....a job for the weekend :)
Jo x

Good Luck for tomorrow Jo!

Well saw the dietician today, not completely as expected. I prepared a file of info before I went, copy for them copy for me. Init I put details of medical problems current medication a couple of weeks food diary alcohol intake exercise details, my diet history, family weight history, things I thought would be problematic for me. Dietician was most grateful said it wold save him writing loads out. Got weighed measured, 2cm less than I have ever been, 5 lbs more than weighed at home. Discussed most things that I'd put in my file so for me it was a really useful exercise. And... He's putting my case forward to the hospital!!!!! Yeah!!!! Should hear from them in a couple of months. Meanwhile blood tests and loose some weight.

All sounds positive the put your case forward and there monthly meeting so hopefully it will be good news x

Good news WooblyW, glad it went well seeing dietician :)

My op has been done !!! Like you said Ashlie...it was more painful than I thought. Staff at Jimmy's were great though.
Feeling quite emotional, was exhausted when I got home and slept for 4 hours! So far I have only drank water, milk and weak n.a.s juice. Will need to get more adventurous soon. What did you have on the liquid diet Ashie?

Jo x

Glad your back Jo and op went well! Seems everyone is pretty done in after surgery though I'm guessing with the open surgery they wouldn't have to pump air in, so you may not have the wind problems? So from what I've read you need to concentrate on your protein intake.

No they pump you up the wind problems are the worse, glad it all went ok jojo

I had nas crusha
Cuppa soups
Fresh soup from asda etc
Gourmet soup company
Options
Try keeping a bottle of water /nas juice with you all the time and just sip it all day !

This is the hardest stage jojo good luck xxx

Thanks WooblyW & Ashlie,
Since I started drinking water in the hospital I started with a 'bubbly' tummy, have been a bit uncomfortable at times and been burping more than normal! But I dont think i'm suffering from wind anywhere near as much as anyone who's had keyhole & been pumped with air! Although their healing time is quicker.
Been shopping for a variety of more 'intersting' liquids online today.

When is the next support meeting Ashlie? Hopefully I'll be up for going :)

It's on here a thread called Yorkshire weightloss surgery support group are you on facebook they have a group on there tok

hey

hey all :) so glad to read all your posts and that there are local people. im in cleckheaton and just had referal 4 weight loss surgery by dietician. he rang on friday and told me that hes had meeting with consultant and iv been accepted. Just wondering what happens now, as he says i will have appointment with consultant soon to discuss maybe trying meds for pcos. just want to start the long wait ahead. all my love and best wishes to u all.
Jess

Hi jess congratulations on being accepted you will meet the surgeon soon and he will explain everything of you decide to go ahead you'll just wait for a date xxx

Hi Jess,
I afraid I can be of much help at the mo, but good luck in your journey, have you picked hospitals yet?

Xx
W

hey thanks 4 reply but i dont think its that far into it yet not really sure whats going to happen from now im confused :( will just wait and see.

jessoliver2012 said:
hey thanks 4 reply but i dont think its that far into it yet not really sure whats going to happen from now im confused :( will just wait and see.

Yep me too, I've been to GP who put me forward the to dietician who put me forward, now have to loose some weight.before I see surgeons team in 1 to 2 months. Who then seemingly decide I'm ok, don't know whether that means the start of the hoop jumping or this loosing weight is it, I am so confused.

Hi WobblyW,
I was confused too when I saw dietician at Armely but when I asked him he said if he refers you to LGI dietician (Mary) than you will get funding - if Mary & the surgeon/s decide you are a suitable candidate for surgey. They want to see weight loss as a commitment to the process, but to be honest I didnt lose a lot of weight in the months I waited for my LGI appointment. I was still accepted though, Mary is lovely and very understanding - she will basically put your case forward to the surgeon/s (most likely Mr Pollard).They have a kind of 'panel' meeting to decide who gets the surgery.
Hope this is helpful
Jo x

Back