• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leicester NHS

PurpleKylie22

I seem to be making posts all over the place! Sorry
clip_image002.png

Has anyone here had a bypass on the NHS in Leicester, how long did it take? Where were you seen? Tell me everything please :) I tried a search but can’t find many folk in Leicester.

Other than Fake moving in with my mum I have been considering moving back to Leicester anyway. My biggest problem is trying to get on the housing register as I haven’t lived there for 10 years now. I have applied to Leicester housing association and have the letters to return to them, I just need to sort out my ID and bank statements. I have been happy up here in Aberdeen but in a lot of ways I feel like I’m done up here. Nothing has gone right, I have gained weight, I got married and divorced in 5 years, met a new person and he spends all his time asking for naked pictures / flirting with people online. It’s the second time I have found messages on his phone in a three year gap but then I have tried not to be nosey in between and haven’t looked, in my heart I know it’s been going on the entire time I have known him. I have had three great kids up here though so Aberdeen isn’t all bad! I’m a bit concerned other than just housing… Once I get to Leicester when my youngest (hes 3 almost) hits 5 years old, I will be taken off of income support as a lone parent and need to find a job. I’m really worried about doing that if I’m still this size… I haven’t worked since I gave birth to my youngest and was in an office before that. I know its stupid, but people treat you so differently being a big person. I could see it on my colleges faces before although none of them were ever rude, you just know… does that make sense?

Hi

Im orginaly from Leicester (well Lutterworth - so not the city). Leicester has changed a fair bit in 10 years, so if you havent been down much you might notice a difference. There has been lots of regeneration and investment in housing etc - plus theres the new HighCross shopping centre.

Are you thinking of moving to the city or further afield, there are some good schools in the smaller towns and villages.

I dont think the recession has hit Leicester as hard as some of the East Mids so you might be ok finding a job.

I understand totally on the image / perception thing - but maybe a new start and being away from the man that doesnt really seem to care too much for your feelings could help :confused:

The only experience I have of WLS and the NHS in Leics is through my mother in law. Her doctor was keen to refer her and the waiting list was not long - she ended up losing weight with a diabetic drug that suppresses the appetite and no longer 'fitted' the criteria.

I noticed the BOSPA site for Leicester City and Leicesterhire says awaiting info - could mean a change is on its way!

Good luck! x

Hi

Im orginaly from Leicester (well Lutterworth - so not the city). Leicester has changed a fair bit in 10 years, so if you havent been down much you might notice a difference. There has been lots of regeneration and investment in housing etc - plus theres the new HighCross shopping centre.

Are you thinking of moving to the city or further afield, there are some good schools in the smaller towns and villages.

I dont think the recession has hit Leicester as hard as some of the East Mids so you might be ok finding a job.

I understand totally on the image / perception thing - but maybe a new start and being away from the man that doesnt really seem to care too much for your feelings could help :confused:

The only experience I have of WLS and the NHS in Leics is through my mother in law. Her doctor was keen to refer her and the waiting list was not long - she ended up losing weight with a diabetic drug that suppresses the appetite and no longer 'fitted' the criteria.

I noticed the BOSPA site for Leicester City and Leicesterhire says awaiting info - could mean a change is on its way!

Good luck! x

I was last down about 18 months ago for my brothers wedding, I used to travel down often but after my dad died (5 years ago) its just the once I have been back. I saw the shopping center then, I was amazed! its all so different, I got completely lost. Its not the shires anymore thats for sure!

Leicester guidelines are a BMI of 50+ or I think 40 with co mormidites. ATM Im 47.5 but usually I sit around the 50 mark so I think I should be accepted.

I don't drive :( So I would likely b looking around my mum area, Braunstone just of the Kings Way, near to Fosse Park. With any luck even a job at asda would do, I used to do the job of an accountant, I managed a few small projects within a large oil and gas company. But whilst my kids are still so young, I will just be looking for something I can do when they are at school. My mum is disabled so child care is an issue if I had to work out of school hours.

Sounds good then! wonder why the BOSPA site says awaiting info?

I know that area really well, we have an office on the Meridian - the industrial estate off the Braunstone bypass.

Its going to be an upheavel to say the least but hopefuly a for the better life change :D

clip_image002.png

Has anyone here had a bypass on the NHS in Leicester, how long did it take? Where were you seen? Tell me everything please :) I tried a search but can’t find many folk in Leicester.

try joinin wlsinfo, i used to use that forum, not as good as this one but lots of people from leicester on it, i used to go to the meeting at spires leicester they have the forum split into regions, should
get all the nfo you need there

try joinin wlsinfo, i used to use that forum, not as good as this one but lots of people from leicester on it, i used to go to the meeting at spires leicester they have the forum split into regions, should
get all the nfo you need there

Oh thats great, thank you I will look there :D

clip_image002.png

Other than Fake moving in with my mum I have been considering moving back to Leicester anyway. My biggest problem is trying to get on the housing register as I haven’t lived there for 10 years now. I have applied to Leicester housing association and have the letters to return to them, I just need to sort out my ID and bank statements. I have been happy up here in Aberdeen but in a lot of ways I feel like I’m done up here. Nothing has gone right, I have gained weight, I got married and divorced in 5 years, met a new person and he spends all his time asking for naked pictures / flirting with people online. It’s the second time I have found messages on his phone in a three year gap but then I have tried not to be nosey in between and haven’t looked, in my heart I know it’s been going on the entire time I have known him. I have had three great kids up here though so Aberdeen isn’t all bad! I’m a bit concerned other than just housing… Once I get to Leicester when my youngest (hes 3 almost) hits 5 years old, I will be taken off of income support as a lone parent and need to find a job. I’m really worried about doing that if I’m still this size… I haven’t worked since I gave birth to my youngest and was in an office before that. I know its stupid, but people treat you so differently being a big person. I could see it on my colleges faces before although none of them were ever rude, you just know… does that make sense?

what a knob!!! you're better off moving back near your mum! good luck honey :) xxx

Caron / Mazza,
I know in my head you are both completely right! But... urgh its... hes... if... I cant get that through to the rest of me even though i know your right.

Any idea what i mean?

Caron / Mazza,
I know in my head you are both completely right! But... urgh its... hes... if... I cant get that through to the rest of me even though i know your right.

Any idea what i mean?

Yes I know exactly what you mean! you would be suprised (or maybe not) how many 'men' behave in this way but there are many more out there that will treat you how you deserve to be treated ;)

Yes I know exactly what you mean! you would be suprised (or maybe not) how many 'men' behave in this way but there are many more out there that will treat you how you deserve to be treated ;)

I've spent 10 years with two who were both the same, is it possible that for once its true and actually it is me?

I've spent 10 years with two who were both the same, is it possible that for once its true and actually it is me?

nope! people only treat you how you allow yourself to be treated. The best thing you can do is move back to leicester and leave him to his slut buckets on the net. Theres a saying honey, if you always do what youve always done, you'll always get what youve always got!
Only you can change your life, and believe me you are strong enough!! Really!!!

Now miss PurpleKylie I'm 100% certain it is not you, it is infact them.

Im sorry you have had the miss fortune of spending 10 years with them and thinking like this BUT it doesnt have to be like this ;) xx

Oh darn, tears :(

I want to make things work, I do love him and he seems to think that its "just a joke" and nothing was meant by asking for (and receiving) naked pictures and I know thats not true. but I want to believe him... its just so hard.

Last edited:
Thank you both :) I really appreciate it. I just need to work out my head I guess. I feel like theres not a future with him. but I do want there to be

Thank you both :) I really appreciate it. I just need to work out my head I guess. I feel like theres not a future with him. but I do want there to be
well whatever you decide to do i wish you luck xxx

Ending a relationship is always hard, you experience a mixture of feeling the loss, dissapointment, resentment, anger - then you move on.

Im sure you want it to work but it takes two and whilst one of you is turning to virtual 'fun' they are not showing the same committment xx

Well hes in bed at the minute so I can explain a little bit more without him seeing what I type!

Its not as simple as him looking at other women. He has two other women he had kids with, the first left him when she was pregnant and he had to fight for years in court to get to see his son, the second I think I suspects might've been with him just to get a green card into the UK. He too struggles with his weight, his BMI is 42. He has back problems and sometimes really struggles to walk and got he made redudent over a year ago and hasnt found a job since. Basically he has no confidence.
We met and he said he didn't want a relationship, he didn't want to get hurt again basically, but he was open to "friends with benefits". I said well I've got two kids I cant risk hurting them. Despite this we carried on seeing each other. Until we actually slept together and then he was staying at mine almost every night, the kids started getting used to seeing him... We ended up basically living together between two houses. after a few years the kids were calling him dad and we ended up all moving into his.

His problem is that he basically has zero confidence. Im the same If I'm honest. He cant understand why I am with him and expects me to leave him at any given moment. I know why he flirt other people, its because he feels worthless and basically although its wrong, he get the confidence boost he needs to feel wanted and he gets to push me away all in one go so that he doesn't need to expect this to work, because he already knows it will fail.

Does that make sense? I'm mighty Peed off at him but at the same time. I know that he does love me. I want to prove to him that hes wrong and that I wont leave him like everyone else did.

When hes not on the computer, hes perfect he cant keep his hands off me, I know that he loves me. He says all the right, he ignores everyone else most of the time! hes... hes great and there is no doubt in my mind that its me he wants. But then he goes online and its like I dont exist.

I dont think I have said what I need to say especially well, but I hope you can understand what I mean. I dont think its necessarily his fault its that hes so messed up in his head that he justifys it by saying "well shes going to leave me anyway"

Back