• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMGOSH! I really might be getting somewhere!

PurpleKylie22

Apparently NHS Scotland’s National Planning Forum is currently looking into Bariatric surgery and is setting guidelines for the whole of Scotland that even NHs Grampian would have to adhere to! AND my MSP said that she will also look into it for me and see what she can do AND Leicester NHS got back to me and said that YES, my Doctor can refer my to Leicester for treatment where I actually meet the guidelines! (well almost)

Right now there are three route that are possibley opening up to me!

Over the past year my BMI has gone from 51, to 47.5 Right now I want to try and get it back up to 50, to be certain that I will be accepted. I have been around 50 on and off for the past 5 years so the last thing I want is for them to look at me right now and say your too light. I know its not the right thing to do, but I want to play it safe and not risk loosing my chances.

Once I'm at 50 BMI I will go see my doctor and discuss options with them... I actually have options! :D:talk017::talk017:

Hope it goes well and in your favour, PurpleKylie.

Would benefit all of you people north of the border if NHS Scotland would set some (reasonable) guidelines, the same as most PCT's in England which follow the NICE criteria (I say most -- I am aware some of them are wotsits!).

Hope it goes well and in your favour, PurpleKylie.

Would benefit all of you people north of the border if NHS Scotland would set some (reasonable) guidelines, the same as most PCT's in England which follow the NICE criteria (I say most -- I am aware some of them are wotsits!).

It really would, I imagine there are a lot of people in my position where they meet national guidelines but not local ones. They wont even accept me into the weight management to do the dietitian / support groups e.t.c

Excellent news hun - good for you making some noise! Hope it all works out x

yay! So pleased to see some positive news for you hun! Just put some extra weights in your pockets and wear your heaviest clothes!

yay! So pleased to see some positive news for you hun! Just put some extra weights in your pockets and wear your heaviest clothes!

I planned to dig out my jeans :D lol

I wear clompy boots! And don't forget to keep your purse in your trouser pockets - I could kill someone with mine!

I wear clompy boots! And don't forget to keep your purse in your trouser pockets - I could kill someone with mine!

I have super clompy boots New Rock 110 Red My best shoes ever :D:D:D:D But the doc makes me take my shoes off to get weighed :(

I love it, need to put on weight for weight loss surgery!

I remember doing exactly the same thing.

Only in England do you have to put on weight to recieve life saving surgery.

On the bright side putting on weight is something that we're good at! :D

Good luck

Julie xx

Great news hunni :D
I had a BMI of 47.7 when I first went to doctor , then realised I was shorter than I thought I was . On the end was only about 5lb I had to put on . I'm now 6 weeks away from op xx

Great news hunni :D
I had a BMI of 47.7 when I first went to doctor , then realised I was shorter than I thought I was . On the end was only about 5lb I had to put on . I'm now 6 weeks away from op xx

Aww thats great news! I bet your so excited :D
I have been measured a few times and I'm definitely 5'4, sometimes people even say 5'5 :O So I would have to gain even more! I could try and slump... lol
Thing is since I have lost 20lbs (over Christmas oddly enough and I wasn't even really trying :sigh:) I feel bigger, not smaller? My clothes are tighter, I am going to search around town for one of those big electric scales that weigh you just in case its my scales playing up.

I love it, need to put on weight for weight loss surgery!

I remember doing exactly the same thing.

Only in England do you have to put on weight to recieve life saving surgery.

On the bright side putting on weight is something that we're good at! :D

Good luck

Julie xx

Im really glad to hear its not just me that is in this position! I feel so stupid for wanting to weigh more, but I've always been around 50 so its normal I suppose. I have visions of me trying to gain a few pounds and finding that actually I loose weight instead of gaining lol.
I really wish I was still in England at the minute, they seem to be so much more organized with this whole thing than Scotland. I could've got on the weighting lists 14 months ago when I first asked if I lived in England :(

Woot my MSP has gotten back to me ans she has sent an awesome letter to NHS Grampian! I cant wait to here the respone, I hope she gets somewhere. Traveling back and forth to Leicester would really be hell I think and very expensive too. I've actually been considering splitting up the family and moving to Leicester, but I would really prefer not to do that. Please oh Please NHS Grampian, be nice, just once! Help me get this I really really need it.

That's great news hunni , hope she gets q positive response for you , keep us updated xx

Good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back