• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let’s talk pre op diet

Queenykjp

Morning all, so today is my last day of eating anything... tomorrow is the first day of my liver shrinking diet, I’m on it for 3 weeks, any tips? Advise? I know the liver shrinking varies , I’ve been told to have 2-3 pints of semi skimmed milk, 2 yoghurts, sugar free jelly, 2 portions of fruit and 2 portions of veg a day.... now I’d rather stick to the same thing so I’m thinking of knocking the fruit and veg on the head... bit of mixed advise from my end e.g 2 portions of veg (make a mixed veg curry) sooo id rather not over step the mark and get the same thing everyday then I know I’m on the right path x

Sarnie

Morning all, so today is my last day of eating anything... tomorrow is the first day of my liver shrinking diet, I’m on it for 3 weeks, any tips? Advise? I know the liver shrinking varies , I’ve been told to have 2-3 pints of semi skimmed milk, 2 yoghurts, sugar free jelly, 2 portions of fruit and 2 portions of veg a day.... now I’d rather stick to the same thing so I’m thinking of knocking the fruit and veg on the head... bit of mixed advise from my end e.g 2 portions of veg (make a mixed veg curry) sooo id rather not over step the mark and get the same thing everyday then I know I’m on the right path x
I would personally have the fruit and veg as it will help you stop getting constipated, which it common with LRD diets. Making a curry is a good idea, as long as you only use curry powder and not out of a jar. Also make sure you space your food out during the day evenly so you don't get hungry and keep yourself topped up. I put a chicken oxo cube in a pint if milk with a little curry powder and herbs, it tastes like cuppoa soup, that was my saviour as I was only allowed milk and SF jelly. You can make your jelly with milk instead of water too. Good luck. x

Parsnip

I agree with @Sarnie. Don't miss your fruit and veg, everything they tell you to eat if important for a reason so it's best to follow the plan as closely as possible.
I start mine Wednesday but I'm doing food as I figure I'll be having enough liquid stuff post op lol

Queenykjp

I agree with @Sarnie. Don't miss your fruit and veg, everything they tell you to eat if important for a reason so it's best to follow the plan as closely as possible.
I start mine Wednesday but I'm doing food as I figure I'll be having enough liquid stuff post op lol
Unfortunately for me they said they don’t give us the option up here you have to do the milk diet, I’ll give it a whirl but I’d rather keep it simple..

Bling Babe

I had no choice either, at Luton we have to do the milk, 4 pints semi skimmed, 1 sachet sugar free jelly or 3 pots, 1 OXO drink and that’s it.. no fruit allowed, it’s surprisingly easy to be honest but as others have said the fruit will help with your bowels so if your allowed it I’d have it, also drink plenty of water, at least 2 litres more if you can.
I set my alarm for every few hours to drink half a pint, I used some of my allowance to make a milky coffe, some to make a milk jelly and I use some with a chicken OXO too which is delicious.
Very good luck, keep in touch, so exciting for you xxx

Queenykjp

I had no choice either, at Luton we have to do the milk, 4 pints semi skimmed, 1 sachet sugar free jelly or 3 pots, 1 OXO drink and that’s it.. no fruit allowed, it’s surprisingly easy to be honest but as others have said the fruit will help with your bowels so if your allowed it I’d have it, also drink plenty of water, at least 2 litres more if you can.
I set my alarm for every few hours to drink half a pint, I used some of my allowance to make a milky coffe, some to make a milk jelly and I use some with a chicken OXO too which is delicious.
Very good luck, keep in touch, so exciting for you xxx
Thank you very much I will indeed... I’ve already took my before pictures, now just to hop on the scales in the morning and focus for the next three weeks I’m excited but sick with nerves I think...

Bling Babe

Thank you very much I will indeed... I’ve already took my before pictures, now just to hop on the scales in the morning and focus for the next three weeks I’m excited but sick with nerves I think...
Nerves are perfectly normal, it’s a huge change to our life and it’s for life but your going to just fine, you’ll have good days and you’ll have bad days but the good far outweigh the bad. I’m excited for you xx

Parsnip

Apparently the milk diet gets much easier after day 3/4 so hopefully your excitement will get you through the worst of it xx

Parsnip

Good luck Hun, we're gonna rock this lrd business xx

Queenykjp

Day one is almost over I’ve not felt hungry once, the more annoying side of it is my body around 3:30pmish started feeling crappy and dizzy and this has continued going to head off to bed shortly and try rest

Breakfast:- banana milkshake (1 banana 1 pint milk)

Lunch:- pint of milk and a low fat yoghurt

Tea :- veg medley (kale,spinach asparagus) 1 pint of milk and a yoghurt

Pre bed :- one small pot sugar free jelly

Sarnie

Day one is almost over I’ve not felt hungry once, the more annoying side of it is my body around 3:30pmish started feeling crappy and dizzy and this has continued going to head off to bed shortly and try rest

You've done well, that'll be your body getting used to it, it should pass pretty quickly. x

Bling Babe

Please make sure you drink plenty of water too, hope you feel better soon xx

Queenykjp

Well done x
Thankyou! I’m drinking fluids in between, I’m not hungry at all I’m feeling extremely ill! It’s that time of the month which kills me anyway and on top of that I think my wonderful niece as past me her cold... something I really could do without x

Bling Babe

Take care and rest as much as possible xx