• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let's get our heads together for our friend! Please help...

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
Dear wonderful Minimins

I am just devastated that Gingernutter has been refused her funding. She fits all the NICE criteria with extras and yet Luton PCT has refused her once more.

I thought that it may be helpful to start a thread where we can all put any appeals advice.

I know we all have had very different experiences with our WLS funding applications but any advice from any type of appeals that we have had to make would be great.

I hope no one minds this but when I get cross I have to get active (mentally until healthy enough! LOL).

Hope you can help!

LizzeBee x

Lizzie this will be easier when we know the reasons it was turned down. Then we can collectively add reasons to fight what they say otherwise we could end up going down the wrong route. Sarah has said she will let us know as soon as she knows then the power of us lot can get stuck in...good idea chick..xx

Absolutely! Sarah is hoping to have the reasons today - I think we shall all make a formidable team!

Lx

I''l help if I can but unfortunately i was also turned down even though i fit in the NICE criteria. My surgeon even wrote to the panel on my behalf demanding to know why i wasn't funded and after a second appeal, i was told NICE criteria wasn't black and white and they had to use their discretion and basically, I just wasn't ill enough!!! whatever that means, thats all i got from them

I met the NICE criteria and I got turned down for funding. I didn't follow the appeal procedure - I decided on a different approach and wrote to the PCT and suggested that I was turned down because of my postcode. I enclosed a lot of my research documentation including notes that showed a number of individuals from the Midlands who weighed less than I did and with no apparent other medical conditions and also a document about a couple in their 60's from Peterborough that also had been given funding. My final statement suggested that it was a "Postcode Lottery" and did I need to rent a home in the Midlands or Cambridgeshire so that I was eligable? I was very very lucky and whilst I didn't get a formal reply or notification [even to this day] I did get an appointment to see my consultant within 21 days from the date of posting my letter.

I dont know how I can help but will do however I can....I live in the next door PCT to Luton and they are total "Merchant Bankers" too about funding....I have decided to self fund....I will do what ever anyone can suggest to help her

my experience is very similar to cleggy's, whilst i was never refused i did actually write a letter to the pct to support my reasons for wls..anything i can do to support i willx

Back