• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter from Sunderland!

angelica13

Hiya,

When I got home from work today there was a letter from Sunderland Royal - it is for an appointment "in a clinic held by Mr Schroeder" in Outpatients for 23rd May.

I am VERY excited, but don't know what it's for. :confused:

I went on the waiting list in January this year, so was expecting my op around May - June time.

I know that I can ring in the morning, but I need to know something NOW!! :)

I guess it wouldn't be a pre-op appointment without having a date? I wasn't expecting a date for another couple of months.

Any suggestions would calm my manic mind!!

Oh hun - my heart is racing! How exciting but what is it for?!?
Update after you speak to them in the morning xxx

Will do - and I've been looking out for news from you. You should be getting your date soon, shouldn't you? Your ACTUAL surgery date! :)

The dates for March ops have just started to come out for people who went on the list in Nov - I went on in Dec so hoping to get a date for April in the next month or so, hopefully?

I have everything crossed but dying to know what your letter means... X

I have no idea, let us no if they give you more details when you ring xx

Total false alarm!!

I rang Mr Schroeder's secretary, who was very helpful, and she said it was just a routine clinic appointment. When I said that I didn't think that I had one due, she looked into it and apparantly didn't know why it was sent - it was just an error, and she's going to cancel it!
I did say while I was on that we expected my op to be around June, and she said that sounded about right, so at least I know things still look on track for my expected time frame.

Felt a bit disappointed for a few minutes, but I'm no worse off now than before - not like people who are getting appointments put back months.

It's been a long journey, but nearly there!

This journey seems to be filled with "highs & lows"... fingers crossed for May/June date.
SN

Well at least you got an answer and confirmation that you're looking at the right time frame - which is good! A bit disappointing but like you said at least you're on the waiting list and getting closer to you op x

This journey seems to be filled with "highs & lows"... fingers crossed for May/June date.
SN

It really is!

I have EVERYTHING crossed for June at the latest. My husband has been told that he can't have holidays in July and August, and both my boys will be off school. July would NOT be a good time for me!!

Thank you!

I am not feeling too bad about it - at the very least it gives me more time to get rid of the extra pounds I put on in the last couple of weeks!!

x

Thank you!

I am not feeling too bad about it - at the very least it gives me more time to get rid of the extra pounds I put on in the last couple of weeks!!

x

Ditto x

that happend to me too but it came the same day i was seeing mr schroder for gastrostomy
and when i asked him what it was for he was as vacant as me sent a nurse to see why and apparantly had been sent in error xx

Interesting! I think they're trying to book more and more appointments in advance instead of them coming at the last minute but it doesn't look like its working just yet. Part of the problem is probably just that they're SO busy with pre-op appointments, surgeries and post-op checks that there's bound to be errors/cancellations etc x

Back