• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weighed Down

goofy07

I have not been on in a while as I am still awaiting an appointment at Sunderland for a review with the consultant.

I had my seminar in January, then my next appointment in May and then nothing....

so i thought I would contact them today to see what if anything was happening. Well talk about a long journey my next appointment is in January so nearly a year on from seminar and still no operation date.

I am getting very depressed even though I know that this is the process and we all have to go through it but a year with the GP then three months before I got to seminar and so on it just seems that this road is so long and I am getting tired, my body cant carry this weight around much longer before it will just give up on me.
That's my rant it hasn't cheered me up but I needed to share how I feel.

I should maybe start a diary or do we think it is too soon, too early in the process?

Sorry you are feeling depressed, sweetie ... for some reason the north east patients have a particularly long process to face. I am from Sheffield so not really of any help to you, but there are loads of SRH peeps on here who I am sure will be along soon to help you, chin up, honey xxx :)

Hi Goofy, your experience sounds very similar to mine. I had to wait ages and ended up ringing the department to find out what was happening. All together from 1st seeing my GP, to actually having the op was round about 3 years, just over.
I don't know how long you'll have to wait, I started to get really impatient. Then in the last few months it all seemed to happen at once.
Good luck xxx

Hi I'm with SRH too, that sounds like an awful long time interval from seeing the nurse to seeing the consultant... is anything else able to happen inbetween times. i.e can they arrange endoscopy or to see the psychiatrist.

I can understand you feeling down about it... but try and keep your chin up.. maybe another phone call may help to see if these things could be organised in between.

Hope you get things sorted. xxx

I was at a different hospital but it was almost 18 months between me attending my first seminar and actually getting banded, so I feel your pain :-( Plus the hospital kept losing my notes and even once "lost" the results of my endoscopy!

All I can say is, keep going - and in the meantime maybe use the time to try and prepare for the op and the months to come. I spent most of this year really looking at my diet and working on changing my eating patterns and behaviours, and the best thing I did was start a My FitnessPal account to keep track of everything I ate/drank. What an eye opener! I definitely recommend that *lol*

Also I started getting out and about more, walking around at lunch time, geting off the bus a stop earlier, that kind of thing. Nothing too crazy but I knew that the fitter I was going into the op, the better it would be for me.

I think you should definitely start a diary, and maybe also a food diary like the MyFitnessPal one. It really opened my eyes to a lot of things are really felt a lot more prepared for my op than if I hadn't.

Don't give up though!! :) x

It does seem strange that its 8 months between Nurse and Surgeon, I waited 4 which I think is the average at Sunderland.

I've been in the process since my seminar in September last year with no op date in sight yet - I have to have the balloon first so its likely to be at least another year before the bypass is on the cards.

Hi, I had my seminar at SRH in July 2010, had the nurses appt in November 2010, the consultants appt was in July 2011, the endoscopy was in September. Am waiting for my op date. I had 2 cancellations on the consultants appointment and 1 cancellation for the nurse. Has been an up and down journey for me too (sigh).
It will be worth it in the end......I used the extra time to lose more weight and spent a lot of time lurking on this site :) The support you get from here is second to none! Keep your chin up hon, it will all work out.

thank you to everyone for your positive comments

I know it's just the process and should be prepared for it and not complain after all it's took me 46 years to get here what's another couple??? it's just my health is now starting to fail and I don't want to become incapacitated and have to stop work before the op happens

Chin up and keep going I know I will get there

THANKS

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i know how you feel, my seminar was march 2010, iv been waiting 19month and still no endoscopy or op date.. im still waiting on a clinic appointment with the surgeon. i get very down about it but i cant complain as it took me 4 year to finally get referred.. we will all get there in there end.. and im sure it will be well worth the wait :) xx

hey Gemma that's an awful long time are you sure they haven't forgotten about you!!!

I know we will all get there in the end thanx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back