• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I

teen

post op loser
Should I be able to eat a whole pitta bread stuffed with chicken and salad and not have any after effects. I feel like I am eating way to much at the moment, or is this normal

Today i have had bacon cheese and tomato for breakfast

dinner was a skinny cow ice cream and a slice of weetabix cake

tea was a wholemeal pitta bread with salad and a packet of fridge raiders stuffed in

snack cheese string

Thanx all

don't know Teen but didn't want to read and run, your 6 months post op now so eating should be more normal, and you do have days where you can eat more than others but I'm sure some furtehr out will be along soon. Your doing really well so far is the weight still coming off?

I'm a bander, but since April I have not been able to eat any type of bread product, including pita bread. Your breakfast and lunch doesnt seem that much, but the evening meal with the pita bread, seems a lot, I couldnt eat it. Like I said though, I am a bander and at the moment my band is pretty tight, so it would be best to see what another bypasser says.

Good luck, I am sure you are doing fine.

take care

MNL
:)

Teen, Im by no means an expert, but I think what you have eaten today for your stage is fine. When you think of what you would have eaten pre op its nothing really. Your weight loss is still good and you have an active job so I wouldnt worry too much. I bet if you add all that together you have had less than 1000 cals today.

Thanx all Ye terri the weight is coming of 4lbs last week only a 1 pound this week but its that time of the month again. Gonna start writing everything down again tomorrow

It doesn't seem a lot to me hun, although I am no expert as only 9 days post op;)If you ate anything like I did pre op, it's prob a third of those calories:D:D

Think everyone is different - just been to see my nutritionist who tells me that I should make sure I have two protein portions a day if thats any help.

Whats weetabix cake?

Sounds okay as far a volume goes, I find that some days I can eat more than others. Like yesterday I was able to eat a sandwich for tea but usually I can only manage half, usually leaving lots of bread behind. It will just vary sometimes for no apparent readon. As for you food content it seems a bit high on carbs which might leave you feeling hungry later or not allow as much protein in. That is really up to you but don't stress on the amount, your pouch is still very small so as long as you are feeling comfortable with your volume and aren't being sick you will be fine.

Great weight loss so far hun, you are doing fantastic!

Nic:D

Teen the other thing to look at is how long it takes you to eat a meal. I can eat pretty quick but work on the rule of thumb that what hasnt gone in in 15mins goes in the bin otherwise yr giving yr pouch time to empty out a little hence why you can eat more.
Fantastic weight loss to date just keep yr eye on them carbs.
carole

I try to keep my carbs to one piece of bread/wrap/pitta a day Dont tend to eat much potato these days. Will see how I do this week

Thanx all

No I dont eat rice or pasta very often but if I do I have wholemeal. All my bread is wholemeal including pitta. At the moment I can not be arsed to cook dont seem worth it just for me. But I will cook a batch of pasta and have that instead of a pitta with my salad ( I say salad but its only lettuce cucumber and onion ooo and beetroot if I have any in lol)

Thanx

HiYa Tina,
Just wanted to congratulate you on your weightloss so far!

You have done really well, so you must be doing something right.
Well done you should be so proud of yourself! x

Thanx Fat girl slim

well I went out and bought some wholemeal pasta and just had it with salad and chicken

This is where I am now confused The carb thing good and bad.

I just looked at my wholemeal pitta breads and the wholemeal pasta

Pasta 100g Pitta
335 cals 245
13 pro 11.2
66 carbs 43.6
3 sugar 3.3
2 fat 2.5
.6 sats .4

To me looking at the numbers the pitta bread is better Or am I been thick and missing something

Not getting head arund good and bad carbs

there isnt that much difference but its about having a good variety of food as yr body can get used to just processing the same old same old and that doesnt do it any good.

dietition told me not to cal count just make sure i get a good range of foods whilst sticking to the no more than 5g per 100g fat and sugar.

there isnt that much difference but its about having a good variety of food as yr body can get used to just processing the same old same old and that doesnt do it any good.

dietition told me not to cal count just make sure i get a good range of foods whilst sticking to the no more than 5g per 100g fat and sugar.

Thanx for that. I have started to eat the same of a lot of food most days. I will have to start mixing it up. Still struggle with veg so been sticking to salad with fish or chicken

Will start to mix my carbs up aswell

Back