• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pregnancy after bypass

mintball

Hi,

we have been trying for a second child for 2 years now unsuccessfully, i am gonna get my weight in order first with the bypass but its gonna be hard using protection for a year after the bypass as we so want a child but i suppose its a small price to pay. Does anyone have any information on this?

I was told 1 year also, for your health and the health of the baby. I have however heard of someone who got pregnant in the first six months after bypass and she and the baby were fine. That is not a recommend thing so don't take it such. I mention it because it shows that with medical proffessionals involved, bypassers can manage a pregnancy early one so after a year you should have no problems. My hubbs and I want to try around the 18 month mark for our first baby. I wish you the best of luck hun!

Nic:D

Hi, yes I was also told a year after bypass and like you am desperate for number 2 so it will be really hard to actively avoid pregnancy for a year but I think it is the best thing to do and get the feeling no one would be at all happy/helpful if we did any different! you could get really unwell and harm the baby, it's just not worth it.
Good luck, please keep posting ur progress

Sxxxxx

I've been desperate for Baby No 1 for 20 years! And at the ripe age of 42, that year sounds a long time but that is what I heard too. However, am going to be getting the ball rolling with hospital & docs in next few weeks so will let you know if I find anything out!!

I was told 1 year also, for your health and the health of the baby. I have however heard of someone who got pregnant in the first six months after bypass and she and the baby were fine. That is not a recommend thing so don't take it such. I mention it because it shows that with medical proffessionals involved, bypassers can manage a pregnancy early one so after a year you should have no problems. My hubbs and I want to try around the 18 month mark for our first baby. I wish you the best of luck hun!

Nic:D
this is amazing phatgirl..congratulation..wow..xxx

This thread does not apply to me personally but wish all you girls hoping for families post surgery, all the luck in the world ... :):):)

Back