• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life after wls

phatmomma

How is life after wls?

Fan chuffing tastic...

86lb down, took 14 months but it's moving still.

But its not that number thats so good. Its all the other things that come with it.

1. Energy levels
2. Running at the gym (even going in the gym and feeling a bit bigger than others but not obscenely bigger)
3. Respect

4. And most importantly, being in control of food and my life.

I love my bypass, it's never been cruel to me. It has got my diabetes off medication, and having had my bloods done 2 weeks ago my blood and cholesterol are fine. My blood pressure and pulse is low, but that's because i go to the gym at least 3 times a week and an exercise class. I also try and walk a lot.... Thats because i love it, exercise is my new addiction...

I'm even conquering my hatred of the cross trainer Wendy lol xx

Hey my gym buddy hates the cross trainer too but we have also got a sitting down one at our gym and she loves that one LOL
But I crack the whip and push her to do 20 mins on each of them can't do one without the other PMSL

Hey my gym buddy hates the cross trainer too but we have also got a sitting down one at our gym and she loves that one LOL
But I crack the whip and push her to do 20 mins on each of them can't do one without the other PMSL

You are a slave driver lol...

I was well chuffed with myself today, i did a whole 5 minutes and was actually disappointed that i had only set the timer for that long. Have put a note on my programme to do more next time. I will increase it, just like i have the weights :eek::eek:.

I am actually starting to see some toning in my arms now, although the bingo wings are still blooming awful lol x

I cant wait to be able to go to the gym I'm all signed up and ready to go just a couple more weeks. I am hoping I will become an addict too lol!

Only you would give your flipping hernia a name lol...

Still to confirm a coffee time for Saturday, but will do before Friday :) Not heard of Patsy so am guessing she's on her jollies as she hasn't replied to a text...

Can't wait to see you all lol xx

I cant wait to be able to go to the gym I'm all signed up and ready to go just a couple more weeks. I am hoping I will become an addict too lol!

Mandy be sure to tell your trainer about your surgery...

Do not do weights until your consultant gives you the all clear. I'm sure you'll love it xx

I got a cross trainer at home, at the mo used as a clothes line but so cant wait to have the energy to get back on it x

Well Done Julie, I can't wait to have the energy to start exercising and to get all of those happy endorphins released x

I've watched your progress since I first saw you here and seen you go through some tough times honey. I reckon you have done a fantastic job and you are one of the great WLS success stories. I am proud to have you as a buddy and you should be very proud of what you have achieved xxx

I've watched your progress since I first saw you here and seen you go through some tough times honey. I reckon you have done a fantastic job and you are one of the great WLS success stories. I am proud to have you as a buddy and you should be very proud of what you have achieved xxx

Hey Karl she is pretty awesome in the flesh as well!
She has been so supportive even though she is having problems of her own.
She hasn't lost weight as quickly as others but has that stopped her NO!
When most people would have moaned that "My bypass hasn't worked" and "I went through it all for nothing"
Julie just made her bypass work for her. Instead of sitting and moaning about it she joining Weight Watchers and the gym.
And is doing a damn good job of it.
:0clapper:Go Julie :0clapper:
from the Phatmomma appreciation society :D

well done julie i have been reading ur posts for over a year now and i want to say that you have been an inpiration to me and made me determined to get there as well keep up the good work you have done fantastic

Karlos you old softie, you almost made me cry :) It's down to people like you and others who give their advice and support that i found the wherewithall to fight the good fight.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart xxx

Hey Karl she is pretty awesome in the flesh as well!
She has been so supportive even though she is having problems of her own.
She hasn't lost weight as quickly as others but has that stopped her NO!
When most people would have moaned that "My bypass hasn't worked" and "I went through it all for nothing"
Julie just made her bypass work for her. Instead of sitting and moaning about it she joining Weight Watchers and the gym.
And is doing a damn good job of it.
:0clapper:Go Julie :0clapper:
from the Phatmomma appreciation society :D

Wendy i have to say next time we meet i want more bowing and scraping, and if you want to throw in a curtsey don't let me stop you :)

Seriously, my bypass has given me some amazing gifts. I'm not sure if any of them are as precious as some of the very few friends for life such as yourself, Tranquil and Lisa are... You my dear friend who had fantastic results but never once posted about them because you didn't want to upset me, when in effect i was dying for you to tell the world how marvellous you have done.

Thanks for the coffee meet up at the weekend, hope to do it again very soon. Luv ya mate...

Oh yeah, n next time Travis is being fed to the ducks lol xxx

Back