• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Light Bulb Moment

Hi,
OMG!!!!!
PROTEIN!!!!!
NOT REALLY HAVING MUCH!!!!
Just read 'Julia in Bath' thread and a light has just been switched on....
I am a carb junkie (always knew that, but never really thought about it over last few weeks!)
If i do more protein will this do the trick?
Love rice, potatoes, etc....
But obviously this isn't helping! Why didn't i see this before? Please send me some inspiration....food tips...anything!!!
OMG i cant beleive i have been so thick!:confused:
xxxx

Hi Scrunchie

I was the same pre op which is why I made the decision to give up bread, rice and pasta. Have a browse through the band daily menus for a look at what some of us banders are eating.

Maz x

Meat is the obvious one but I like ot have cheese and eggs to top up protein. I have also just bought some Quenoa which is a grain that when boiled up is like rice but have lots and lots of protein in it!!

No it is by the Couscous etc. It is not bland if you season like you would rice. It isnice with some cheese (more protein) or add to a salad (like couscous).

You can also add sugar and milk and have it more like rice pudding.

Meat is the obvious one but I like ot have cheese and eggs to top up protein. I have also just bought some Quenoa which is a grain that when boiled up is like rice but have lots and lots of protein in it!!

thanks for that Sue...I'll have to try the Quinoa too as I don't eat much meat and worry that I'm overdoing the eggs and cheese.

Scrunchie...I don't do bread, rice or pasta since banding but have become too reliant on potatoes :eek: and have only tried chicken on one occasion....shall have to try harder myself :rolleyes:

thanks for that Sue...I'll have to try the Quinoa too as I don't eat much meat and worry that I'm overdoing the eggs and cheese.

Scrunchie...I don't do bread, rice or pasta since banding but have become too reliant on potatoes :eek: and have only tried chicken on one occasion....shall have to try harder myself :rolleyes:

Yvonne if you dont eat much meat do you like qourn? I dont eat any meat (just fish) and use quorn mince, chunks, fillets and sausages often. Al high in protein and very low fat!

Yvonne if you dont eat much meat do you like qourn? I dont eat any meat (just fish) and use quorn mince, chunks, fillets and sausages often. Al high in protein and very low fat!

Hi Maz, I've not really tried quorn, I used to just eat loads of veg and really only got back onto chicken in the last couple of years (went off it when pregnant) but can't stomach the thought of chewing it too much...:yuk:

I don't want to over do eggs and cheese as my cholesterol was slightly raised when I had bloods checked for diabetic clinic, so I do need to look for alternatives.

I once tried cooking quorn sausages for my Sister (she's veggie) but they were really charred and hard to cook, so any tips would be gratefully received :D

i eat lots protein. fish (my fav is salmon in seeded breadcrumb)or chicken and salad with cottage cheese (asda do a lovely one with red pepper in) for lunch and tea. if i have any snacks i have chicken. i also use sanatogen protein powder in drinks. if i can mangae breakfast i may have egg or cereal if short of time.
its strange but im not bored and really enjoying my food and control i have over it.

Hi Maz, I've not really tried quorn, I used to just eat loads of veg and really only got back onto chicken in the last couple of years (went off it when pregnant) but can't stomach the thought of chewing it too much...:yuk:

I don't want to over do eggs and cheese as my cholesterol was slightly raised when I had bloods checked for diabetic clinic, so I do need to look for alternatives.

I once tried cooking quorn sausages for my Sister (she's veggie) but they were really charred and hard to cook, so any tips would be gratefully received :D

They can be tricky blighters to cook, the fresh ones cook the best grilled. The frozen ones are easy to burn so need to be cooked slowly.

Quorn chuncks are nice in any recepie you would normally use chicken, stir fries, currys etc. Quorn mince is lovely in a chilli or spag bol (no pasta though of course).

more protein definately sounds the way to go. I find I can't tolerate spicy foods like I used to such as chilli and curry, so what could you use to pep up the quorn mince?

Make a bolognaise type thing, tomato puree, garlic, onion, mushrooms and peppers - plenty of seasoning and bobs your uncle lol x

Back