• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid diet

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
How long was your liquid stage and what did you do to make it more fun, exciting and fulfilling.

I'm going nuts after a week post op.

I will have only two weeks post op, but have premade homemade soups, brought some tins in for variety, bought an expensive blender so I can blend even the soups which have bits in. Also sugar free angel delight, custard, soya yoghurts (am lactose intolerant). I have been on milk only for the last two weeks so for me it will be a lot of variety :)

I was on liquid diet for 4 weeks and had mostly tinned soups if I had chicken soup then I strained it.But was grateful come 5th week when I switched to custards and yogurts

I am 2 week post Op Gastric Sleeve and am on liquids for another 2 weeks and am going bonkers, too ! I am having thicker soups now...as long as it can go up a straw its OK. I bought some chocolate mousse this morning and will have one a day ...I can't get my calories high enough...how mad is that !
I liquidise a banana into milk for breakfast , soup for lunch...then the rest of it around 4pm, hot chocolate for later in the day and try to drink as much as I can but, I'm not managing to get enough down.

Can't wait till I get on the Pureed food stage !

Are you keeping a food/liquid diary?

I started one a week after getting home and I am slowly managed to get my fluids up to and over the 2L mark.

I've been eating all sorts of tinned soups and blend the ones that have lumps in.

I've not looked at my calorie intake at all yet, wasn't planning to until I get to the puree stage.

Are you to do 4 weeks liquids only, too, Wonderlust. Mr.Patel said 3 weeks at first but, on my papers he has 4 weeks...darn !!!

Nope only three weeks, and he confirmed that yesterday too.

By the way, two week check up involved no tests at all!

Ah thanks Wonderlust, he did say 3 weeks , must be a typo fault on paper work.....can just about manage another week of blinking soups !!!

I am starting to struggle a little, Could really murder some nice tasty food...

Craving some garlic Mushrooms at the moment :ashamed0005:

might stick some garlic flakes in some mushroom soup before blending it to see if that removes the craving.

The Garlic Mushroom soup worked wonderfully :D

My beef and tomato soup I just made did too

All of the above. Plus went to Sainsburys & M&S & bought their fresh soups then sievedst home. Also went to Japanese takeaway Itsu & bought their Miso soup for something exotic.
It was good for me to see the products on half & try to tickle my fancy.
Tesco have some light iced coffee cafe lattes low fat , low sugar, low cal reasonable protein. I usually have one for brekkie. Could freeze & make ice lollies.
Find it hard to now cook from scratch on this stage coz never feel like eating.
I was 3 weeks on liquids but then had to repeat coz they did a sleeve stretch. Actually not looking forward to purée yuck!

Back