• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Litle weight loss

danic-johnson

10 days post op 2lb loss :( why oh why could it be I'm not losing weight. Is it cause I'm not having enough calories or water? I'm in about 300 calories a day

Your body does take time to adjust after surgery, it is normal. I feel your frustration, 4 weeks out I gained 3lbs. But it will happen :) Give it time and your body time to heal and adjust. It is easy to be impatient, I know I have been there and worn the crown ;)

It will happen as the previous poster said, I was so frustrated at 3-5 weeks to find that I had only lost a few pounds, then it all started falling away !

I have had several stalls, too but, it soon passes and weightloss starts again.

In a few weeks ime you will wonder why you fretted so much.
Hope you continue to recover well, be gentle with yourself and listen to your body...and sip, sip, sip ! x

Yeah I think part of my problem might be not getting enough water too I'm nowhere near having why I should e doing, I'm scared of stretching my sleeve lol

Yeah I think part of my problem might be not getting enough water too I'm nowhere near having why I should e doing, I'm scared of stretching my sleeve lol

It's all so scary at first but, just remember to sip water throughout the day. Have a bottle of water next to you at all times...you will soon get through 2 litres.
Don't try and gulp it !

I don't know about other sleeve patients, but I was also scared, but there really is nothing to worry about at this early stage.

It will not cause any issues if you are drinking.

If you eat too much/too fast you will soon know about it as it gets very uncomfortable very quickly!

Just take everyday as it comes, and don't worry about the weight it will come off when it's ready.

I couldn't weigh myself except in hospitals for a long time due to my Drs not having scales capale of weighing over 200Kg.

So I was only weighed at the times in my signature. Even then I was worried that I wasn't loosing enough compared to other people.

But it's a case of remembering that different people loose at different rates and some have a lot more to loose than others. I may have lost 50Kg so far but I know I've got almost another 100Kg to go!

Don't loose heart it will work.

Wonderlust said:
I don't know about other sleeve patients, but I was also scared, but there really is nothing to worry about at this early stage.

It will not cause any issues if you are drinking.

If you eat too much/too fast you will soon know about it as it gets very uncomfortable very quickly!

Just take everyday as it comes, and don't worry about the weight it will come off when it's ready.

I couldn't weigh myself except in hospitals for a long time due to my Drs not having scales capale of weighing over 200Kg.

So I was only weighed at the times in my signature. Even then I was worried that I wasn't loosing enough compared to other people.

But it's a case of remembering that different people loose at different rates and some have a lot more to loose than others. I may have lost 50Kg so far but I know I've got almost another 100Kg to go!

Don't loose heart it will work.

How fast did you find your weight coming off after the op? Ive got about the same as you to lose too x

How fast did you find your weight coming off after the op? Ive got about the same as you to lose too x

I have a phobia of scales having been huge....

So the only times I've have had my weight checked since the operation are listed in my signature.

I seem to be doing aprox a stone a month.

So far I am 24 weeks down (as per Thursday) and 8st down,

Well there are lots of things that are a lot easier to do now.

I can even put my trousers on standing up lol

Back