• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little lost on making smoothies

countrywench

Hey all !

I am getting a little brain fuzzy about smoothies than I can drink during my 1st weeks after my band ?
I've been told to buy some Whey to add to a smoothie but I went into Holland and Barret and the different types are mind boggling and left without anything ..
And also in huge tubs set at about £30.00 + !

Would you be so kind as to post a link to buy Whey ? So I can order and have it here for when I get home later this week .

And also some recipes for smoothies to promote protein would fantastic !

Mindy
Xxx

I have used Whey powder before for smoothies that I bought from my local health food shop but it isn't cheap. 500g was about £9.99.

There is no mention of whey in my NHS diet booklet, but it does often mention adding extra dried skimmed milk powder to things for added protein. May be worth asking about as it is a lot cheaper!

You can often buy small sachets of different flavours from body building sites to find ones you like. £30 is a lot to shell out but if you like the brand and flavour they last a long time. Plus you get an easy 20g of protein in one go. I would always go for a good brand like optimum nutrition rather than have a slim fast or something.

Any recipies ?
Tell me your favourite !
I've bought some almond milk , I really like it and have drunk it before , some Greek yogurt , will invest and get some nuts or seeds ?

Myprotein do a sample pack, you can pick the flavours you want to try. Their prices tend to be better than the likes of MaxiMuscle

Lynn x

Marvel milk powder is the thing to use its under £3.00 for a big tub adding few teaspoons to each runny meal lots of stirring up needed.

Marvel milk powder is the thing to use its under £3.00 for a big tub adding few teaspoons to each runny meal lots of stirring up needed.
I don't use any powders or additive proteins, should I? I hit at least 60g a day with food / milk.

I just used it as a means to increase protein in liquid stage

oh ok!i used slim fast X

Slimfast can be a problem for bypassers as the the sugar content is quite high, although some of the protein powders can be as bad...you have to read the labels.

Lynn x

Yes they are high, the reduced sugar one came put half way through and it was better but ... I only used them during liquid and purée, I had to 6 weeks on these 2 stages. X

Back