• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver shrinkage

masher

hi ppl , you all ok ? 5 weeks till my op and pre op is 16th jan , am on the 800 calorie diet but doesnt seem to be falling of me >>>> how do you know if the liver is shrinking ? also i have seen other ppls profiles etc and they said they have had tests etc ??but i havent

I have been on my pre op diet since 9th Dec and still don't know if my liver has shrunk and still wont til the do the op on Mon 9th. Though I have lost a small amount of wieght

Which diet are you following, Masher? Is it a hospital pre op one? If so just keep on with it as the point of it is to shrink your liver & any weight loss is purely a bonus :) You will be fine, we all panic at this point xxx :):)

am doing my own diet mainly soup etc , am scared in case i dont lose enough and they cancel my op , what happens on the pre op app at hospital

am doing my own diet mainly soup etc , am scared in case i dont lose enough and they cancel my op , what happens on the pre op app at hospital
your hospital will give you the diet they want you to follow to shrink your liver :) xxx

Nothing scary, sweetie :) MRSA swabs, height, weight, BP, bloods & a talk with the nurse. I am not with SRH but sure someone will correct me if there is anything else, Good luck for the 16th xxx :):)

My hospital have told me between now and my op which is no where near in site yet but they have said there not going to ask me to loose wright only to maintain it which is frightening me enough lol but if your hospital is the same it won't matter if you loose weight just follow the diet they give you and your liver should shrink weather you loose weight or not :) ... I'm petrified of the liver diet though lol Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

i notice your surgeon is Mr Super, are you at heartlands ? i had my pre-op ass there yesterday, they weigh you ECG, BLOOD PRESSURE. and then questionaire and bloods. The liver shrink diet is a low... or no carbs diet as its carbs that swell the liver, and 'by the way' you will loose some weight, i notice your weight is just over 200lbs, which in our terms isnt a lot, and the more you have the quicker it comes off, so i wouldnt expect too much. but be careful of hidden carbs in 'soup etc'. many tinned or processed soups have hidden carbs in them, if you do soup make sure they are homemade and dont use potatoes or flour to thicken. i am on 1 x slimfast and 1 x evening meal of 600 cals. have lost 14lbs in 16 days ( and had a day off on xmas day) so it does work. if you would like some simply recipes i can help with that, as i am a real foody, and love to cook. good luck

yes am at heartlands , thats great any receipe will be great thanks , since 7th nov i have lost weight , down to 191.5 now , this means everything to me as it does everbody,

im on pre op the diet i have to follow is any clear soup unlimited but no milk or milk protein and defo no lumps in it..suger free jelly,bovril ,nas, water or black tea to drink and small glass of pure pineapple juice a day ...Iv been on it 6 days and only lost 3.5lbs so dont panic its about shrinking our livers only ,and apparently weeing lots and my stinky breathe means its working lol xx

yes am at heartlands , thats great any receipe will be great thanks , since 7th nov i have lost weight , down to 191.5 now , this means everything to me as it does everbody,

Hi masher..good luck with the dieting!!

im hoping to have surgery at heartlands too but am worried that i wont meet the criteria,

whats your bmi and how long have you been waiting for surgery? x

thats not bad at all! why are you panicing..... if it was easy we wouldnt be in this condition would we! you should be proud of that, the time taken is not important, are you having a gastric band then? i would say carry on with your 800 cals you have another 5 weeks, they will be happy with 10lbs at the pre-op. they really dont judge you, and everyone is so very nice.....

I've been on the pre op diet for 2 weeks now (have my op tomorrow) and only lost 4lb. I lost 17lb 3 weeks before that so I'm guessing my loss has slowed. I'm hoping my liver has shrunk. The diet has been really hard but I've done it yea!

loubyl00 said:
I've been on the pre op diet for 2 weeks now (have my op tomorrow) and only lost 4lb. I lost 17lb 3 weeks before that so I'm guessing my loss has slowed. I'm hoping my liver has shrunk. The diet has been really hard but I've done it yea!

Good on you love and well done! Ooo good luck huni :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Good luck for 2moz hun x

hey masher, are you sure youve got your figures right hun....191lbs and 54 BMI?

Back