• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver shrinkage??

poppsicles

Have been given my target weight and have to too 10kgs b4 they will do my op so no dates set yet i got go back see dietician in 8 wks and am hopin i can do it for then i struggle with really bad back so exercise can be really difficult any good diets or tips?? Much appriciated xx

You are not on the liver shrinking diet,just a weight loss diet.Take down the amount of carbs and fats you normally eat and you will be fine.Liver shrinkage kicks in prior to surgery to reduce the amount of glycogens in liver and make your liver soft and floppy.Only done for a short period.

I'm disabled and had my back re built with metal and I easily managed to loose the weight from consultant to op (I am private) it is simply about thinking about what you put in your mouth and how much. If you really want the op you will loose the weight. It is the start of the next stage of your life. Good luck!

Food isnt my problem its the lack of mobilty i currently have i can manage 20 mins cardio max and i physically cannot move which im sure cannot b good i am on no pain killers now or any meds so thats the reason i struggle if anything i undereat

I found slimming world good (can do it online if you can't get to class) & I was very immobile pre op due to bad back & pain but managed swimming. Swimming supports your body & O definitely had less pain in the pool. I've had a sleeve & so happy with it. I can now go up & down stairs, don't need a mobility scooter to go ound shopping mall, most days pain free, lost 6 1/2 stones' dropped 5 dress sizes in 3 1/2 months post op. good luck.

Thats amazing well done!! I cant swim used to b a really good swimmer but ad an accident when i was teenager n everytime i try swim my knee and leg locks up! If i was a dog they would of put me down years ago haha

use myfitness pal to record everything u eat
you will see what you are eating and if too much

Been using it for over 3 months and average around 1200 cals per day n 300 of them is sugar in my tea.....oops lol
Shopping day 2mora i have plenty of fruit on my list and also sweetners to replace the sugar cuz i cannot give up my tea!!

poppsicles said:
Food isnt my problem its the lack of mobilty i currently have i can manage 20 mins cardio max and i physically cannot move which im sure cannot b good i am on no pain killers now or any meds so thats the reason i struggle if anything i undereat

When I went to see consultant I could not walk more than 50m and was and am still on morphine and fentanyl. Now I can walk about 150m without needing to sit down. Maybe you need to look at when you eat? I am an evening eater due to work commitments, was not doing me any good!

Been using it for over 3 months and average around 1200 cals per day n 300 of them is sugar in my tea.....oops lol
Shopping day 2mora i have plenty of fruit on my list and also sweetners to replace the sugar cuz i cannot give up my tea!!

Be careful of the amount of fruit you eat. Fruit was one of my biggest problems, the dietician told me this and to be honest, at first I 'poopooed' the idea that fruit had loads of sugar in it. She was right, I tried no fruit at all for three weeks and somehow lost 10lbs. I wasn't eating that much really, about 3 portions a day. Better off with lots of veg, especially all the green stuff (but watch the peas).

I just eat when i can really if i work lates i eat afterhalf 9 at night but thats not very often even the dietician said she cant figure out why im not loosing i gave her a weeks diary too just gonna keep pushin myself for the next 7 wks n pray haha xx

I just eat when i can really if i work lates i eat afterhalf 9 at night but thats not very often even the dietician said she cant figure out why im not loosing i gave her a weeks diary too just gonna keep pushin myself for the next 7 wks n pray haha xx

I go through phases like that. For the past week I have been on a VLCD thinking it would give my very slow weightloss a boost - I have stuck to it rigidly and not lost one single pound. Total waste of time and money - so back to healthy eating from tomorrow for me.

Good luck, you will get there in the end, but it's about finding which way suits your body.

Atkins worked really well for me for about a year until emotional issues got in the way. I lost 50lbs in a few months. I also found it quite easy to stick to. My 2p :)

It depends on how much you want this op hun!!
Try changing to the way you will be eating post op now, Protien first, then veggies then tiny amounts of carbs and get a small plate so it makes portion sizes easier, i was asked to lose 38lb pre op and lost 78lb, only because i put in a lot of effort, remember you will still need to work very hard post op so getting yourself sorted pre op will help a lot, we all made excuses as to why we could not exercise/diet thats why we need help.
Good luck xxx

Back