• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver 1 -Me 0

Hiya Gina

Thanx for the offer of your number thats really nice,thanx.

I feel i have stalled at the starting block again at the moment,why? because i am one of those people who want things to happen like yesterday,i know you cant rush these things but its a case of,i am off work recoverying from a op that didnt quite happen :cry:,and the balloon is fitted under local anesthetic so no overnight stay in hospital.the sooner it is done the sooner i can have help loosing weight to get me to the op stage again.

I know i must be mad but thats me.;)

I know what you mean about differ diets even i had a diet sheet for if you are diabetic,and that had a daily food allowance like yours on it,maybe there is still much fat intake in the milk and yoghurt diet who knows.

I am just waiting for that starting gun to go off again but hopefully wont have to wait long.

xxx

Hi Di

Well done for making a start....... I did the Milk diet, I am diabetic, but I couldn't eat all the food on my diet sheet, so changed to the milk one..... I however didnt lose pounds I lost fat percentage and gained more muscle which was really strange, I was alos worried my liver hadn't shrunk, but when he came to see me he said it was perfect!!! I weighed 22 stone..... I think it is just how we carry our weight and that....

Hopefully you will get the ballon fitted asap! and it will help you lose the weight, to eventually get to where you need to be for the bypass.....

With you all the way... you can email me on [email protected] if you wanna chat or anything.....xxxxxxx

Awww so sorry to hear about this Di, you sound so positive and strong and not letting this beat you. I think your Brilliant !

Di you are like me want everything yesterday, I have never been blessed with patience for anything so I understand were your coming from its very frustrating, I no sooner get to one hurdle and I am chomping on the bit for the next one. Hope your get your balloon very soon...Linda x

Hi Di glad to hear you have been in touch with Mr Ackroyds secretary and hopefully you wont have to wait too long to get the balloon fitted. Did she give you any indication how long you might have to wait? He does seem to be seeing people pretty quickly for surgery so if that isn't as big op as a band or bypass and no overnight stay you might be lucky. Keep us up to date with whats happening for you. Hope you were getting it on the NHS and didnt have to pay to not get it done.
Take Care

Hiya

Everyone is so kind on here,thanku so much for all your support i really am overwhelmed thanku again.

Lucky for me i did get the bypass (well almost) done on the NHS,i cant even begin to think if i had paid private how i would be feeling.
But that was yesterday,today is another day,been sat waiting for the phone to ring all day,silly really i know it isnt going to happen just like that ,but i can hope.
I think its the not knowing,Mr Ackroyds secretary hadnt seen him when i called this morning,but it was only 9.10am.lol.
Not sure how long to leave it before i chase the call up again dont want to seem pushy.I know he`s a very busy man and other people are wanting the bypass operations and i have had mine turn,but i dont want to be stuck at the starting blocks for too long.

I tell you what tho i might not have had the op done but the pains from the keyhole surgery hurts,i take my hat off to all of you, you must have been feeling this and more.credit is due to all of you.

xxxx

Hi Di

I personally think, you should keep on at them!!!! You need to seem pushy, you deserve this and you passed all the guidlines to get it on the NHS so keep going....

Good Luck with you all the way

I agree with Mandy, keep pushing. I used to be a medical secretary for a hgh up consultant and it used to scare me how people were waiting for their test results and I would be pushing him to dictate them so I could get them typed up (some people had waited 2 years for the test I kid you not) and he would come in and say he was playing golf that day with other consultants and he would go off with nothing done. Other days he would work for ages and I would walk in and the floor of my office would be covered in work to do. They can be a law unto themselves....Linda x

Hiya linda

2 yrs thats terrible,but i had to push for my sleep anea test results because the secretary hadnt got them and that was delaying my op date,i ended up going to my doctors and getting her to send a letter to her,but that was only over a course of a month.i couldnt wait 2 yrs for any results,your phone must have been like a hotline.
I am going to wait until next week and then ring to see when he has agreed to do the balloon procedure,he said yesterday he would but i am not sure if i have to have the staples out and my body has to heal first,here i go again impatient ;).

My other half says i am impatient full stop,bless him.He`s been my rock since i decided to go for the op,and hes still there for me,supporting me on my decision to push for further weight loss help.

sorry if i seem to waffle on :D

xxx

Di if you want to waffle this is the place for it. I asked how long my sleep result tests take and she said a week. So far in my quest for banding I have had two important letters not arrive and had to make phone calls to sort them out. I asked if I could ring in a weeks time and she said no problem. I am sure by next week your consultant will have an answer for you and I do agree he may want to wait until your cuts have healed and you have recovered from the anaesthetic (cant spell that I was sec in neuroradiology lol). Will you need to be put to sleep again for the procedure? They may have to wait for a time space between doing that.....Keep your chin up you will get there in the end, you have started me thinking about the balloon now too....Linda x

Di, what a pain in the arse, I walked down to your ward on the morning of your op and they told me that you were already down in theatre hope that they passed the big kiss on to you that I insisted on leaving!
Di my email is [email protected], and my msn is [email protected] contact me on either of them and I will pass you on my phone number, will come and hold your hand until you get the op done hun!

push push and push some more to get the something done, if your liver is leaking fat then that must make you a top priority to get your weight sorted out, even if it means having the ballon in for six months before the " big one" !!
email me and will speak to you soon xxx

Caroline and Mandy thankyou for your email addys i have sent you emails,i usually end up in the junk folder :cry:so thought i better tell u .

Di xx

Hiya Di,
Ive just sat down and read your thread Cazza did tell me what had happened and i feel so bad for you but at least Doc Ackroyd did what he thought was best for you. Go for the balloon it will help loads and it will be just like having the band in. You can keep the band in upto 12 months i did alot of research on it because thats what i was oing to go for originally. The air balloon whicch has just come over into this country is amazing its not too heavy so you dont get most side effects you would get with the other one.
Take care keep your chin up and keep going Di were all here for you.xxx

Thanx Chezza,been a week now since the failed op,but things are looking so much brighter again this week.
Glad everything went well for you and i have read your post about your weight loss,well done you.

Take Care
xxx

Back