• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LIZ VS BYPASS

Hiya Liz

I have no doubt in my mind that you will succeed with a bypass, your a very strong minded & strong willed woman, I guess with any kind of change is scary, as all the times before you succeeded and you WILL succeed again - you do not know how to fail it isnt in your vocabulary.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Liz you are one determined lady and your journey so far has been a difficult one with highs and lows all the way along. You will succeed in your bypass i just know it. This is the light at the end of the very long tunnel for you and soon you will be shinning very brightly. There are enough of us on here behind you all the way and will help all we can. Roll on November ps are you changing your name again hee hee x

Just to say I agree with all the other posters. You are such a star you will rock your bypass :D Roll on November and a new challenge for you X

Liz you are one determined lady and your journey so far has been a difficult one with highs and lows all the way along. You will succeed in your bypass i just know it. This is the light at the end of the very long tunnel for you and soon you will be shinning very brightly. There are enough of us on here behind you all the way and will help all we can. Roll on November ps are you changing your name again hee hee x

Thanks Allie as always i appreciate your support, i think i will stick to j.u.s.t.l.i.z hehe ;)

Hello Liz

You are swapping one restrictive procedure for another hun, try and think of it as that.

I know a few people who have converted and whilst their losses havent been as great as they expected they have still lost. Mostly because they are allready used to a restrcited eating regime.

You have loads of support on here hun, big hugs x

Hi Liz
I just wanted to say how wonderful it must be to have so much heartfelt support on this site. Everyone respects you so much for your excellent knowledge and support but also for your ability to speak the truth too. You are a true inspiration for anyone contemplating weight loss surgery - look how many posts start ~ 'liz where are you?' Thats a real sign that people know who they need when they are in trouble. You should be very proud of yourself as you are a lovely lady and the bypass will be just another part of your long journey to success.
Loads of love
Jo XX

Last edited:
Liz, the rules don't change much... You are still a successful bander even with the changes over the last 12 months. Use your knowledge and willpower to make your bypass as successful as your band :) You are going to rock it xx

Hi Liz
I just wanted to say how wonderful it must be to have so much heartfelt support on this site. Everyone respects you so much for your excellent knowledge and support but also for your ability to speak the truth too. You are a true inspiration for anyone contemplating weight loss surgery - look how many posts start ~ 'liz where are you?' Thats a real sign that people know who they need when they are in trouble. You should be very proud of yourself as you are a lovely lady and the bypass will be just another part of your long journey to success.
Loads of love
Jo XX

:) aww Jo what a lovely post thankyou for your kind words, yes your right this is just another chapter in my wls life, thats how i looked at things when i was rebanded and your right i should also look at this in the same way, thankyou Jo x

Liz one way of looking at it is you will have restriction straiht away and you will have possibly 6 months to get used to the bypass ways before the golden period starts to end. Your new pouch will let you know straight away if it doesn't like what you are feeding it. Basics are the same, don't drink with meals, chew chew and chew some more, avoid slider foods, avoid bread, pasta and rice a they may well stick.

I am 15 months post op and can eat most things now. Yes my portion sizes are bigger but I still struggle with more than a serving spoon of pasta or rice and can only have 1 slice of wholemeal or granary bread. Meat is not a problem and I am learning to like veg and salad. Crisps, nuts, sweets and chocolate are still a major issue for me as I no longer dump. It is proving hard to avoid them all together so I am trying new methods to avoid/limit them.

Don't stay away and hide because the old liz is resurfacing, you will need the support more and more especially in the early post op day.

Keep your chin up cocker and we are always here x

Liz, i've always said that you have been one of the most successful examples of good "banding" that i've met. To get a band to work so well takes lots of willpower and motivation. Therefore , if you can do that well with a band, imagine what you can do with a bypass !!
This waiting period is a breeding ground for feelings of uncertainty and fear, but this will pass in time and you will soon adjust to the transition.
Yes it will be slightly different due to the sugar intolerence you may experience, but the restrictive elements are similar, so you have a head start on most people as you've experienced those things before.
It's a shame that the only reason you are in this position is because of "technical" problems, but everything happens for a reason. This way, as people have pointed out, there'll be instant results post op as you don't have to wait for a fill and no frequent hospital visits for refills. Plus, this time its for keeps - no worries about future technical problems and subsequent weight regains (yes, i know you can gain with a bypass but it wasn't an issue for you when your bands were working so i can't see it would be with a bypass !!)
From a selfish perspective, you'll be doubly useful to the rest of us as you will have even more experience than before !
You have a wonderfully supportive family around you and lots of friends to lean on along the way - you'll be fine x x

Liz, i've always said that you have been one of the most successful examples of good "banding" that i've met. To get a band to work so well takes lots of willpower and motivation. Therefore , if you can do that well with a band, imagine what you can do with a bypass !!
This waiting period is a breeding ground for feelings of uncertainty and fear, but this will pass in time and you will soon adjust to the transition.
Yes it will be slightly different due to the sugar intolerence you may experience, but the restrictive elements are similar, so you have a head start on most people as you've experienced those things before.
It's a shame that the only reason you are in this position is because of "technical" problems, but everything happens for a reason. This way, as people have pointed out, there'll be instant results post op as you don't have to wait for a fill and no frequent hospital visits for refills. Plus, this time its for keeps - no worries about future technical problems and subsequent weight regains (yes, i know you can gain with a bypass but it wasn't an issue for you when your bands were working so i can't see it would be with a bypass !!)
From a selfish perspective, you'll be doubly useful to the rest of us as you will have even more experience than before !
You have a wonderfully supportive family around you and lots of friends to lean on along the way - you'll be fine x x

Thankyou Jayne my friend i appreciate your support and today im feeling more positive, most days i feel fine but have the odd wobble in my mind thinking can i ajust, i will be ok your right x

thankyou Allie xxx

Aww Liz, big hugs.

You are an amazing woman, have been through so much already that you are bound to be hesitant & anxious. Just remember that you made a band work not once but twice & if anybody can make they bypass you can. You are an inspiration to us all & now it's your turn to get an operation that will make a permanent difference to your life

Take Care xxxx

Hi Liz, just wanted to say that we all know you can do it. You know that you can do it as you have shown with your past success, the wobbles you have are normal and part of the journey. Like others have said you have an entire support system here including a few bands-to-bypassers. However, should you ever for even a moment feel like you can't handle things or that you are struggling more than you should, please don't be scared to ask your team for a referral. Sometimes a short chat with a professional can make a world of difference especially if you can speak to someone who specializes in food addictions, so just remember you are never stranded without help. And help comes in many shapes, sizes and flavours so make sure to ask if you need it.

Nic:p

Liz

If anyone can excel at a bypass, its u!! I have no doubt in my mind that you can do it, anyway, u gonna be my op buddy so no cancelling on me ;-p

Take care & stay positive.

Liz

If anyone can excel at a bypass, its u!! I have no doubt in my mind that you can do it, anyway, u gonna be my op buddy so no cancelling on me ;-p

Take care & stay positive.

:) Hiya Jacci are you feeling better now ? Yer we gonna be op buddies, when the kids go back to school in Sept im gonna start to nag for a date then as they should have them sorted by then for the November gang x

Thats a good idea!! Yeah, I'm okay(ish). Had a burst ovarian cyst & not my appendix as they 1st thought. But 'cos they thought it was my appendix I was on a gastric ward. So got to meet Dr Schroeder who was ever nice in a suave type of way!!! Made me think of one of them doc's that used to be on Peak Practise!! Ha, ha

Thats a good idea!! Yeah, I'm okay(ish). Had a burst ovarian cyst & not my appendix as they 1st thought. But 'cos they thought it was my appendix I was on a gastric ward. So got to meet Dr Schroeder who was ever nice in a suave type of way!!! Made me think of one of them doc's that used to be on Peak Practise!! Ha, ha

im glad your feeling a bit better Jacci, yer hes a very nice consultant and hes also now doing bypasses which will help get the waiting list down, but i agree hes very charming with it ;)

ooo j mo!!! i hope your feeling a lil better sweetpea! xx

Back